Do you possess an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you thrive in performance-based environments that reward work ethic, integrity and “doing the right thing”? Would you be interested in growing your career within the proven framework of a world class, industry leading mechanical contractor? If you are interested in developing and executing solutions to complex problems in the fast-paced construction environment, McKenney’s Inc. may have the position you are looking for.
With our strong focus on customer relations and our ability to quickly deliver high quality mechanical solutions safely, McKenney’s Inc. is growing in the Southeastern United States. For over 70 years McKenney’s has attracted the best people as well as the best customers. We pride ourselves on consistently performing above our customer’s expectations, and we constantly challenge our people and processes to strive for improvement. As third generation family owned company, we are financially strong and one of the most technology driven mechanical contractors in the country.
This position will provide management of fast paced, mission critical projects for clients in one of the fastest growing construction segments in the industry while under the direct supervision of a highly qualified team of dedicated professionals. In this key role, you will develop the skills and experience to manage mission critical projects independently.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Estimating and budgeting
- Written proposals
- Understand contracts and contractual scope
- Marketing/sales, negotiating
- Customer development and retention, entertainment
- Planning and scheduling
- Manage material, equipment, tools, information, and subcontractors on each job
- Material, equipment and subcontractor procurement
- Cost control (internal accounting system, change orders, etc)
- Ensuring quality and performance
- Timely invoicing of all work completed to date and conscientious follow-up on collection of money due to ensure positive cash flow
- Communications with general contractors, architects, engineers, and owners
- Start up, commissioning and owner training
- Supervision of field crews
- Safety awareness, training, promotion
- Warranty administration
- Design coordination (drawings, RFI’s, submittals, etc.)
- Provide input and participate in formulation of strategic plans and their execution
- Market and promote the entire company
- Understand, practice, and promote all company values and operational procedures
- A degree in Engineering or Building Construction or a HS diploma with at least 5 years of construction supervisory experience in the mechanical trades
- At least 5 years of experience in managing mechanical commercial construction projects
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing mechanical work
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent education or experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong leadership skills, self-motivated, team-oriented and able to respond quickly to changing customer demands.
- Respect from subordinates, peers, customers, and supervisors
- Willingness to sacrifice short-term gain for long-term results and accomplishment
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong desire to provide excellent customer service
- High sense of urgency
- Highly motivated to achieve
- Have a genuine passion for the company and the industry
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Must be a self-starter, with ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
- Must be able to reason through and solve problems
- Ability to maintain painstaking attention to detail while completing multiple or repetitive tasks
- Able to demonstrate a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
- Must possess and maintain an exceptional work ethic, uphold company values, and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
- Professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust
- Ability to read and understand drawings; mechanical, electrical, plumbing, architectural, civil, structural
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves moderate exposure to elements, such as hot/cold temperatures, dirt, dust, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves some exposure to construction-related hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds and some standing or walking.
- Work requires local and occasional out-of-town travel to job sites and customer locations.
Moving Safety Forward, our initiative for continuous improvements in our safety culture, reminds us that we are on a journey toward a zero-incident culture. In all we do, we must work to build a partnership with our employees, customers and business associates that empowers them all with the ability to do their jobs safely.
McKenney’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to age, color, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. McKenney’s is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.