Automation and Control Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for an Automation and Controls Specialist for our Carolina office. In this role you will help us build long-term customer relationships, solve problems, and make recommendations to improve customers’ systems. You will develop, build, test, and commission building systems, including HVAC, lighting, and power monitoring. You will use your knowledge and understanding of mechanical, electrical, network and wiring schematics, drawings, and diagrams to troubleshoot complex problems on new and existing automated equipment and integrate systems into one platform.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Presents a professional, positive, and helpful attitude when interacting with customers and teammates
- Possesses and maintains exceptional work ethic and time management skills
- Upholds company values and demands the highest level of conduct from themselves and others
- Develop, build, test, and commission building controls systems
- Diagnose and repair controls systems malfunctions
- Conduct building automation system (BAS) installation, commissioning, maintenance, repair, and service
- Respond to BAS emergencies during off-hours
- Prepare documentation and reports of work status and completion
- Two years of experience with one or more BAS controls software platforms, such as Tridium Niagara, Trane, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, and Distech Controls
- Two years of experience in building and testing building automation and controls systems in a bench environment or live facility
- Working knowledge of installation, operation, and repair of commercial HVAC equipment and controls equipment/software
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams, mechanical drawings, and schematics
- Ability to interpret and implement a written sequence of operations or other statements of system design intent
- Working knowledge of computerized electrical circuits and systems
- Advanced competency in computer networking and client/server environments
- Advanced capabilities in troubleshooting system failures and recommending and carrying out corrective measures
- High school diploma or GED
- Expertise in installation and troubleshooting in one or more of the following systems: Tridium (R2/AX/N4), Johnson Controls (FX/Metasys/NAE), Trane (Summit/SC/ES), Honeywell (AX, N4/BACnet), or Distech
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Niagara AX or N4 TCP certification
- Computer networking experience
- CompTIA A+ or Network+ certification
- Java or SQL programming language experience
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves moderate exposure to elements, such as hot/cold temperatures, dirt, dust, and loud noises
- The work environment involves moderate exposure to construction warehouse hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
- Moderate physical effort but Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds and extensive sitting. There is some walking and standing.
Building A Higher Standard
McKenney’s has been going strong for more than seven decades. Our culture values people and ideas, and we work together to deliver the most innovative solutions to our customers. We’ll focus on your development from day one and help you grow in your career through training, unparalleled learning opportunities, support, and a dedication to moving safety forward. As an equal-opportunity employer, we provide comprehensive benefits and give you a firm foundation for the future.
Self-performance of all trades, in-house shops, and high-quality solutions for every stage of a commercial build have made us the top choice in mechanical contractors.
We provide highly efficient mechanical systems and a full range of services that meet our customers’ unique needs.
Moving Safety Forward, our initiative for continuous improvements in our safety culture, reminds us that we are on a journey toward a zero-incident culture. In all we do, we must work to build a partnership with our employees, customers and business associates that empowers them all with the ability to do their jobs safely.
McKenney’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to age, color, religion, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or gender identity. McKenney’s is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at McKenney's Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?