McIntosh Box and Pallet Rome, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Plant Manager
About McIntosh: McIntosh Box & Pallet is a packaging company that has been in business for over 59 years with 400 employees across twelve locations. We have seven Plants in New York State, two in West Virginia, one in Virginia, one in Maryland, and one in North Carolina.
Job Summary: We are looking for an individual with a good understanding of maintenance machinery and equipment, as well as good verbal communication skills. If you have proven experience in a maintenance role, we would love to hear from you.
Main Purpose of Job: As a proactive team member, our Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing and managing plant maintenance programs under the direction of the Plant Manager. Maintenance activities must ensure that employee health and safety, product safety, and the protection of the environment are never compromised, and that all maintenance activities enhance product quality, plant performance and business priorities.
The successful candidate will adhere to all health and safety policies and directives. Must maintain a clean safe work area.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical failures in all plant manufacturing equipment.
- Responsible for hands on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all process hand tools, such as pneumatic or electric reciprocating saws and nail guns
- Performs minor unscheduled maintenance and repair on trucking equipment such as forklifts and yard shuttle trucks and trailers
- Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of performance and processes as required
- Schedule, execute and properly document work orders
- Provide coaching on use and repair of industrial production equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Mechanically inclined – Knowledge of and demonstrable ability to use common mechanics tools
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair industrial pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Understanding of industrial air compressors and peripheral components
- Demonstrated success handling multiple high priority projects
- Knowledge of OSHA and Control of Hazardous Energy procedures and regulations
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete floors for up to 8+ hours and lift 75 pounds
- Good verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or GED preferred
McIntosh Box and PalletWhy Work Here?
Awesome culture with great benefits!
741 State Route 49 Bernhards BayRome, NY
Real EstateView all jobs at McIntosh Box and Pallet