- Posted: over a month ago
Seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Engineer, Senior to join our team in the Chantilly, Virginia or Denver Colorado area. \
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs engineering support and system administration of specialized cybersecurity applications and big data analytical systems to include installation, configuration, performance tuning, migration, troubleshooting, updates, and training
- Assume a technical role in the administration and management of infrastructure solutions that are deployed in AWS in accordance with Security Guidelines
- Integrate AWS into various databases, applications, and services by collaborating with Database Administrators and DevOps teams.
- Use AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) to deploy, troubleshoot and customize cloud resources.
- Design, customize, and document services based on COTS products using Agile development approaches and methodologies
- Installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting applications and servers
- Performing operating system and software installation, testing, patching and upgrades
- Monitoring the Heath of internal environment and connections
- Research new technologies that are applicable to current projects and make recommendations to improve performance, optimize operations, and reduce costs.
- Assist with AWS technical designs and documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of computer science, computer engineering, or any related field
- Must possess the required DoD Directive 8570 IAT Level II or higher certification
- Minimum of 5 years relevant technical experience.
- 3+ years specifically operating and managing AWS infrastructure.
- AWS expertise (EC2, Accounts, VPC, Security Groups, EBS, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS user, security, and networking configurations.
- Experience managing enterprise scale solutions that leverage the following AWS Services: EC2, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, CloudFront, VPC, Route53, IAM, CloudWatch, Beanstalk, Lambda, etc.
- Experience in Linux scripting and automation using Bash, Python and/or Java
- Experience with engineering and administrating the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats)
- Experience with Container Services like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with automation tools including Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- DevOps experience of management of work within Sprint and Increment Planning
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Git and Confluence
- Ability to understand requirements (user stories) received and plan a workable solution that meets the customers need.
- Experience scripting against AWS CLI.
- Strong debugging experience
- Understanding the needs for new initiative to build scalable, distributed and high-performance cloud environment.
- AWS or other Cloud Based Certifications.
- Experience developing custom visualizations and dashboards (preferably in Kibana)
- Experience with implementation and maintaining event streaming technologies, such as Apache or Confluent Kafka
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and Git
- Experience with JSON, NodeJS, AngularJS, and DB/data query
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate technical system status, concepts, and proposed solutions to the customer
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to present in a group setting
- Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as an individual as well as with a team for supporting the overall project planning, integration and implementation.
- Familiarity with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Softare
Security Clearance Requirements:
- TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at McIntire Solutions