Seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Engineer, Senior to join our team in the Chantilly, Virginia or Denver Colorado area. \
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs engineering support and system administration of specialized cybersecurity applications and big data analytical systems to include installation, configuration, performance tuning, migration, troubleshooting, updates, and training
- Assume a technical role in the administration and management of infrastructure solutions that are deployed in AWS in accordance with Security Guidelines
- Integrate AWS into various databases, applications, and services by collaborating with Database Administrators and DevOps teams.
- Use AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) to deploy, troubleshoot and customize cloud resources.
- Design, customize, and document services based on COTS products using Agile development approaches and methodologies
- Installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting applications and servers
- Performing operating system and software installation, testing, patching and upgrades
- Monitoring the Heath of internal environment and connections
- Research new technologies that are applicable to current projects and make recommendations to improve performance, optimize operations, and reduce costs.
- Assist with AWS technical designs and documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of computer science, computer engineering, or any related field
- Must possess the required DoD Directive 8570 IAT Level II or higher certification
- Minimum of 5 years relevant technical experience.
- 3+ years specifically operating and managing AWS infrastructure.
- AWS expertise (EC2, Accounts, VPC, Security Groups, EBS, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS user, security, and networking configurations.
- Experience managing enterprise scale solutions that leverage the following AWS Services: EC2, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, CloudFront, VPC, Route53, IAM, CloudWatch, Beanstalk, Lambda, etc.
- Experience in Linux scripting and automation using Bash, Python and/or Java
- Experience with engineering and administrating the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats)
- Experience with Container Services like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with automation tools including Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- DevOps experience of management of work within Sprint and Increment Planning
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Git and Confluence
- Ability to understand requirements (user stories) received and plan a workable solution that meets the customers need.
- Experience scripting against AWS CLI.
- Strong debugging experience
- Understanding the needs for new initiative to build scalable, distributed and high-performance cloud environment.
- AWS or other Cloud Based Certifications.
- Experience developing custom visualizations and dashboards (preferably in Kibana)
- Experience with implementation and maintaining event streaming technologies, such as Apache or Confluent Kafka
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and Git
- Experience with JSON, NodeJS, AngularJS, and DB/data query
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate technical system status, concepts, and proposed solutions to the customer
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to present in a group setting
- Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as an individual as well as with a team for supporting the overall project planning, integration and implementation.
- Familiarity with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Softare
Security Clearance Requirements:
- TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
Powered by JazzHR
McIntire SolutionsChantilly, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.