Culture and Programming Manager
- Expired: September 13, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Culture and Programming Manager
Reports to: VP of Creative
Employment Status: Full-Time, Exempt-Salary
At McGuire Moorman Lambert Hospitality we are on a mission to create the world's chicest hotels and restaurants. Led by visionary hotelier Liz Lambert, and powerhouse restauranteurs Larry McGuire & Tom Moorman, we believe in a seamless combination of food, service, and design. We create refined hospitality through attention to detail, storytelling, and extraordinary dining and retail experiences.
MML is expanding at a steady pace. We currently manage and own the 75-room Hotel Saint Vincent in New Orleans, and we have two hotel projects in development in Aspen and in Austin that we will also own and manage. In addition to the nearly twenty restaurants, we currently operate or have under development, MML is also the F&B consultant at the Austin Proper Hotel, overseeing three restaurants, banquets, and in-room dining across the property. MML has a unique plan to own and operate each of its properties and the financial backing to only take on special projects in places we want to spend time.
We are looking for a team leader who is energetic, and passionate about music and entertainment. This Individual should also create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork.
MML Hospitality Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- Bonus Potential
- 401k + Match
- PTO, Sick Pay, and Personal Days
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Wine Education Reimbursement
- MML Restaurant, Hotel, Gym, and Retail Discounts
- Advancement and Community Service Opportunities
Essential Functions and Duties:
The Cultural and Programming Manager oversees MML property programming organization and production for all MML Hospitality. Duties included but not limited to the following:
Programming Calendar Key Holder:
- Oversee working calendar of culture & event programming for all MML properties in Texas, Colorado, Louisiana, and California
- Ensures preparation, information, & fluid communication exists between all departments (Operations, Creative & Marketing, Accounting) for all programming
- Consistently attend all property programming to evaluate the quality of guest experience
- Distribute event performance evaluation for effective programming financial & culture review
Talent Booking and Advancement:
- Assist in curating, booking, contract negotiation, and show advancing of all live performances, DJ sets, and culture event programming at all MML properties
- Coordinate with creative & marketing team members to produce & advertise promotional content, branded materials & merch, and ticketing systems
- Collaborate with MML hotel & restaurant management team members to implement effective event service structures and coordinate operational setups
- Assist in creating live music programming proposals to include production overview, branding concepts, budgetary details, banquet event orders (BEOs)
Event Production Oversight, Management:
- Oversee all artist coordination: hospitality & equipment, transportation & lodging, all day-of communication
- Oversee all culture & performance event production setups/breakdowns with good working knowledge of all property equipment / operational best practices
- Oversee all MML sound equipment purchases & rentals, keeping a running log of equipment inventory at MML / individual properties
- Manage in-house & contracted sound, lighting, performance-specific engineers & trade
- Regularly check audio/visual equipment at all MML properties to maintain the proper working condition and resolve any needed repairs or adjustments
Miscellaneous MML culture & event programming oversight:
- Howards Bar & Club DJ & live music programming
- Lamberts monthly Dinner & Show music series and ticketed live performances
- Jeffrey's holiday live piano & DJ performances
- June's Tunes bi-weekly DJ sets
- Pool Burger weekly DJ sets + 3-4 annual live performances/events
- Joann's monthly *BOB*s Burlesque Bingo and sporadic DJ sets
- Lou's Austin weekly trivia nights, movie nights, and live music performances
- Austin Proper Hotel regular property programming coordination
- Sammie's Italian weekly Live Jazz Lunches
- Hotel Saint Vincent regular property programming coordination
- Ski Shores weekly & 4-6 larger live performances
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 2-3yrs Talent Booking / Programming Experience: talent pooling, calendar mgmt, event advancing, contract negotiation, PA + backline management, sound engineer coordination
- Good working knowledge of DJ, House Sound + PA equipment
- Strong organizational skills and good working knowledge of Triple Seat, Open Table, Microsoft, and Google
- Food and beverage experience preferred
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MML Hospitality is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other prohibited basis. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at McGuire Moorman
Get fresh VP Culture jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.