Pharmacy Clerk, Customer Service
The Pharmacy Technician will provide quality customer service to patients and health care providers in a friendly and professional manner. He/she will assist the pharmacist to process prescription medications in the Customer Service area and/or in the Prescription Dispensing area.
Duties include answering incoming customer telephone calls, making outbound telephone calls to patients and health care providers, request and receive prescription refills, accurately and efficiently process prescription orders including entering patient and prescription order information into our pharmacy system, and assist walk-in customers. As needed, the Pharmacy Technician may be asked to fill prescription orders for dispensing, print patient invoices and labels for dispensing, apply patient labels to medications for dispensing, and manage inventory in the dispensing room.
- Obtain a high school diploma or GED.
- Valid Pharmacy Technician License issued by the California State Board of Pharmacy.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Computer experience and accurate data entry skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of pharmacy terminology.
- Detail and organizational skills to sort, file and retrieve information.
- Ability to manage assigned workload within deadlines.
- Ability to work in a self-directed work team environment and function effectively in a high-volume, multiple demand environments.
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Work experience in a compounding pharmacy.
- Work experience in customer service.
- Must be able to work various hours based on business needs.
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling of long periods of close vision looking at computer monitor.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, lift 25 pounds, and perform manual dexterity activities required to type a keyboard and pull medications off the shelf.