Seeking an experienced Neuropsychologist to join our team in both Saint Augustine and Palm Coast, to provide appropriate neuropsychological services for patients of McGreevy NeuroHealth.
Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology with training and education in Neuropsychology.
Licensed psychologist in the State of Florida by the Florida Department of Health, renewed bi-annually. Must meet the guidelines specified in Division 40, APA for practice in Neuropsychology of the American Board of Professional Psychology.
Requirements for licensure in psychology include Ph.D. or Psy.D., degree in psychology, clinical internship and post- doctoral fellowship.
- Services are rendered under the direct consultation request and order of the physician.
- Neuropsychological services may include but are not limited to: evaluation, diagnosis, ordering of appropriate services, education, and provision of appropriate psychotherapeutic intervention as pertaining to a patient's medical condition, and Cognitive Rehabilitation and/or adjustment to disability counseling as required.
- Specific functions include, but are not limited to:
- response to appropriate physician-directed consultation; patient assessment and intervention
- Promulgation of appropriate assessment-generated neuropsychological evaluation reports with specific direction toward diagnosis or assistance with differential diagnoses; descriptive assessment of cognitive, emotional, psychological, and behavioral strengths and weaknesses
- Appropriate development of intervention strategies which may include individual and/or family education, Cognitive Rehabilitation and psychotherapeutic interventions.
- Evaluates and (where appropriate) accepts referrals from community sources to include physician, private, family, or individual, and attorney referrals for assessment in the arenas of cognitive, psychological, or behavioral impairments and/or in the establishment of competency or evaluation for disability or personal injury.
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately and thoroughly evaluate, interpret neuropsychological and psychological results, treat and educate patients and families according to the appropriate American Psychological Association and State of Florida Board of Psychology Standards of Practice, Ethical Codes, and appropriate policies and procedures.
- Participates in the requisite continuing education requirements to maintain State of Florida psychological license of 40 credit hours per two year cycle
Job Type: Full-time