Inventory Center and Operations Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kitchens To Go designs, sells and leases commercial kitchen facilities throughout the USA and, to date, 28 international locations. KTG’s client list includes businesses and organizations from Education to Hospitality, Corrections to Healthcare, and Military to Senior Living such as Starbucks, Yum Brands, United Airlines, Apple and all branches of the Armed Forces. This is an exciting opportunity to manage construction & deconstruction of commercial kitchen solutions in relocatable structures such as Mobile, Modular and Containerized buildings in the field.
“A Day in the Life”
Over the years the Company has created a culture that places extremely high value on collaboration with an emphasis on finding the right solutions for the business, with an inclusive management style. As the Inventory Center and Operations Manager you will be an integral part of the management team in our Kitchens to Go business. In this position you will provide leadership, direction and training to a team comprised of production, construction, equipment, and project management in a construction-based plant environment specializing in the maintenance, refurbishment and modification of modular buildings with kitchen equipment. You will also provide guidance and recommendations for best practices in staffing the renovation center and field operations team. This position will also be key to communicating production schedules, processes, modification costs, project budgets, equipment acquisition and improvements with other teams in the organization.
“What You’ll Do”
- Manage and lead 9 direct reports.
- Ensure the renovation center operates effectively with regard to capital, expense and labor management; work together with leadership to meet the goals established for the RC.
- Ensure the RC operates within established standards, regulations and codes related to the operation of the manufacturing facility.
- Maximize the efficiency of our construction/production processes by streamlining, reducing costs, and implementing best practices where appropriate.
- Work closely with the Regional Director, Sales Manager, Purchasing Manager, Engineering Manager, Business Manager, and Business Development Manager to achieve goals and objectives.
- Oversee the insurance certificate process with sub-contractors and transportation companies; manage freight claims for units.
- Oversee service & warranty issues.
- Responsible for Operations calendar, project Smartsheets, scheduling project meetings and daily Operations Meeting.
- Create and adhere to the operations budget.
- Oversee the approval of invoices and resolution of disputed invoices by Project Managers; ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner; request electronic payments when necessary.
- Analyze historical inventory data and information from a variety of sources to identify models to stock in our rental commercial modular building inventory.
- Provide developmental opportunities for direct reports to further enhance their skill set and growth.
- Examine and modify as appropriate the inventory control and loss prevention procedures.
- Develop and continue the refinement of our hiring infrastructure and programs in order to provide a consistent flow of candidates to serve in the plant.
- Assess and refine existing protocols / systems / response times in serving internal customers in order to maximize our ability to generate revenue.
- Lead LEAN development within the RC and develop a LEAN culture within the RC.
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership position with proven success leading multiple teams in tandem, as well as a background in production and construction management.
- Proven accountability for financial responsibility to include budget planning and success in reducing costs and increasing productivity.
- Construction and/or custom manufacturing environment and kitchen equipment experience preferred.
- Experience using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, databases.
- Familiarity with OSHA, and current state building codes.
- Experience increasing a business operating margins by reducing costs and optimizing processes.
- Proven ability to inspire and team build, excellent people skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to articulate your ideas up and down the management chain.
- High-energy, can-do, get-results person with high integrity.
- Ability to successfully plan business concepts from drawing board and implement with success.
- Ability to quickly and successfully integrate within an organization, learning the business and people.
- Committed to embracing “process” as a means to decision-making.
"Nice to Haves"
- Proficiency in LEAN principles is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- We value our employees' Quality of Life, and when it comes to mental health, recovery, and self-care, there is no one-size-fits-all approach that is why we provide resources where employees can find information on several wellness topics like nutrition, exercise, emotional health, and more!
- We offer a variety of benefits that offer you flexibility and choice, a simple selection experience, and the ability to take control over your benefit spending.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match.
- We all need to rest and recharge that’s why in addition to vacation and sick time we also offer considerable company-paid holidays!
- We also offer HSA, FSA, EAP and Pet Insurance!
- It’s a great place to work where you are given the space to share ideas and opinions and the bottom-line is “YOU” matter!
Location of Position:
- Etna Green, IN
- Some overnight travel required to support the growth of the business, other branches, and meetings with other leaders of the division
A Message from Our CEO, Joe Hanna
At McGrath, diversity and inclusion are important to our culture and core values. One of our core values is that YOU matter. This means everyone in the company, inclusive of race, color, nationality, gender, orientation, and all else. You are all important and critical to our operations and success. I believe cultivating a culture that is inclusive and embraces everyone is the right thing to do and as your leader, I’m committed to making this happen.
The pre-employment screening process includes social security verification, criminal background check, drug test and a motor vehicle record will be processed as well. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, on the basis of disability and any other legally protected status.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
McGrath Rent Corp
AddressEtna Green, IN
Get fresh Kitchen Design Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.