General Container Laborer
- Expired: March 19, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you have a passion for exceptional customer service, you’ll be in good company at industry-leading Mobile Modular Portable Storage. As a rapidly growing company, we’re always looking for dedicated candidates who love to share new perspectives and see the potential where others don’t. We are a division of McGrath RentCorp and the leading provider of high-quality, cost-effective storage solutions across a wide range of today’s most relevant industries, including healthcare/medical, education, construction, residential development, government, transportation, and much more. Where will your ideas take us?
- Maintain Forklift In and Out Logs and other inventory reports and move inventory with forklift.
- Yard organization for containers by size, state of repair
- Light welding and electrical experience, rewiring, switches and outlets; use of power washer and other power tools, general maintenance skills rust remediation; including strong carpentry and painting skills
- Manage the preparation and availability of all container inventory at the yard.
- Inspect, repair and maintain sufficient quantities of all container types.
- Perform basic AC service for office and combo units including filter changes, thermostat replacements and coil cleaning.
- Organize and ensure we have proper building materials inventory levels for container repair.
- Able to work outside in variable weather conditions including high temperature summer months.
- Ability to work independently and have the drive to take the initiative if direct supervision is not available on a constant basis.
- Ensure each asset leaving is prepared and quality checked.
- Follow all company guidelines for working safely. Actively participate in safety meetings and initiatives.
- Receive or load assets to/from third party vendors and report activities to Ops Coordinator.
- Support with service calls when possible.
- Bi-yearly inventory responsibility.
- A fun, team environment that values integrity
- An opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the business. You make the difference. You matter.
- Flexibility and work/life balance
- Medical / Dental / Vision/ Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company match
- Vacation and Holiday pay
2-3 years experience in a construction yard work environment
- Basic computer experience
- Forklift certified with container driving experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with preferred experience repairing containers, van trailers, and metal waste bins
- Prior experience working in a yard environment, processing paperwork, keeping accurate inventory, basic carpentry and basic electrical ability. light welding experience and AC troubleshooting ability
- Be able to work independently and in a safe and proper manner.
- High-energy, can-do, get-results person with high integrity.
- Valid Driver's License
The pre-employment screening process includes social security verification, criminal background check, drug test and a motor vehicle record will be processed as well.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
McGrath Rent Corp
AddressMira Loma, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at McGrath Rent Corp