- Posted: over a month ago
Do you have a strong vision of what the future of modular building might look like? Do you thrive on providing great customer service? Consider joining this booming industry with the talented team at Mobile Modular. Our high-quality, unique, cost-effective solutions put us at the forefront of the market, meeting even the most critical needs of today. Our solutions span applications across healthcare/medical, education, business, residential development and construction, retail and much more. As a division of McGrath RentCorp, we see the potential not just in our product but in our people, too.
"A Day in a Life"
As an Evaluator you will evaluate modular buildings according to company protocol to determine production and labor estimates, and identify damages from prior customer that may be chargeable items. Maintains information regarding condition of fleet assets and work required to bring assets to rental ready condition. Interacts daily with Sales and Production department to prioritize the modification, maintenance and repair of modular buildings within the fleet for rentals and sales. Ensures the integrity of information of assets is compliant with all applicable building codes, State documentation, and internal informational requirements.
"What You'll Do"
- Gather details and compiles data to estimate all production costs and labor requirements according to specifications
- Considers raw materials, labor, and equipment for estimations
- Help determine necessary resources for projects based on cost estimates and budgetary constraints
- Conduct equipment inspections upon return and prior to equipment being brought online to ensure that scope of work is complete
- Optimize building selection by working with Sales Department and Inventory Center during pre-production
- Maintain and validate fleet evaluation status in common database.
- Responsible for maintaining building information accuracy in internal systems
- Conduct inspections of factory produced units, both at the factory and post-delivery to ensure quality of product and adherence to specifications
- Work with Drafter to provide specs and measurements as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work with other departments within the organization and vendors to negotiate and resolve issues arising from quality control inspections
- Able to read Company’s construction documents and provide guidance to construction team to complete necessary work;
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish is a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and exercise good judgment
- Ability to record and organize documentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work outside in variable weather conditions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in the construction industry and construction industry knowledge required, modular building manufacturing experience a plus
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of LEAN a plus
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to carry, bend, stoop, turn, kneel, crawl, climb a ladder and other manual labor activities
- We value our employees' Quality of Life, and when it comes to mental health, recovery, and self-care, there is no one-size-fits-all approach that is why we provide resources where employees can find information on several wellness topics like nutrition, exercise, emotional health, and more!
- We offer a variety of benefits that offer you flexibility and choice, a simple selection experience, and the ability to take control over your benefit spending.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match.
- We all need to rest and recharge that’s why in addition to vacation and sick time we also offer considerable company-paid holidays!
- We also offer HSA, FSA, EAP and Pet Insurance!
- It’s a great place to work where you are given the space to share ideas and opinions and the bottom-line is “YOU” matter!
A Message from Our CEO, Joe Hanna
At McGrath RentCorp, diversity and inclusion are important to our culture and core values. One of our core values is that YOU matter. This means everyone in the company, inclusive of race, color, nationality, gender, orientation, and all else. You are all important and critical to our operations and success. I believe cultivating a culture that is inclusive and embraces everyone is the right thing to do and as your leader, I’m committed to making this happen.
The pre-employment screening process includes social security verification, criminal background check, drug test and a motor vehicle record will be processed as well. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, on the basis of disability and any other legally protected status.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
McGrath Rent Corp
EducationView all jobs at McGrath Rent Corp