Operations Supervisor, Station Operations | Ramp | SFO
- $31 Hourly
McGee Air Services is looking for an Operations Supervisor - Ramp at SFO.
The pay is $30.80 an hour
The Operations Supervisor will foster and support an inclusive and high-performance operation where team member and customer safety is at the forefront. This role assigns and oversees the work of team members, stepping in to provide hands-on help when needed to exceed customer expectations. The Supervisor mentors and develops the skills of leads, agents, and trainers for continuous growth and learning.
- Insurance Package - Health, Vision, Dental
- Paid Days Off - Holidays/Personal/Vacation/Sick
- Travel Privileges for Alaska, United and Horizon (yourself, parents, and dependents
- Advancement Opportunities
- Quarterly Bonuses
- Recognition Programs and Incentives
- Referral Program
- Employee Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted Cell Phone Plans
Must haves to join our team:
- Working a constant and quick pace for up to two consecutive hours
- Able to work varied shifts; weekends and holidays
- Obtaining and maintaining an airport security clearance, customs seal, and/or USPS security clearance including background criminal history check, drug screen, and fingerprinting required
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record required
- Understanding and ability to utilize electronic tools to interpret flight schedules and airline flight destination information
- Performing basic mathematical functions (e.g., counting bags, verifying cargo weights)
- Ability to give/receive oral instructions in English
- Lifting up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license and one of the following documents to be qualified for this position.
- Original or certified copy of a birth certificate
- Unexpired US Passport
- Permanent Resident Card
- Unexpired US Territory Passport and I-94
- Airport SIDA Badge Requirements
- Important update for non-crew employees working at an airport or maintenance hangar: Employees will be required to obtain a SIDA badge provided by the airport authority and maintain good standing in order to keep their SIDA badge. Review the SIDA Badge Requirements document for a comprehensive overview.
Do you match this skillset?
- Promote and maintain a culture of safety at all times
- Responsible for supervising the daily activities of Station Agents, including scheduling, training, attendance, discipline, and performance appraisal
- Evaluate individual and teamwork performance and provide necessary feedback.
- Coach and counsel as needed and document discussions and improvement plans
- Monitor, assess, and report on below-wing and team performance daily; identify trends and drive ongoing improvement
- Responsible for ensuring that equipment is available, maintained, and operated in a safe manner at all times, to include daily inspections and removal from service
- Investigate and report delays and irregular flight activity, determining solutions for how to avoid such delays in the future
- Complete shift and daily reports to share performance with the local team and leadership
- Foster an inclusive, engaging, and high-performance culture that demonstrates McGee's values of Safety, Service, Integrity, Mutual Respect, Accountability and Pride at all times
- Other duties as assigned
We'd love if you have some of these....
- Six months airline experience with proven skills in station operations, including one of the following areas: passenger service, cargo handling, fleet service, and ground operations preferred
- Able to lead, motivate, and successfully communicate with a diverse workgroup
- Proven ability to direct the work of others in a positive way
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain airport security clearance, customs seal, and/or USPS security clearance including background criminal history check, drug screen and fingerprinting
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, weekends, and holidays
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
OUR CULTURE: McGee Air Services is an entrepreneurial venture with a mindset of delivering incredible service. We are flexible, adaptable, resourceful, collaborative, and inclusive.
McGee Air Services does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
McGee Air Services- An Alaska Airlines Company
McGee Air ServicesSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView All McGee Air Services Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.