Duty Manager - Station Operations
McGee Air Services Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: 16 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Duty Manager will provide operational leadership and strategic support for all team members at the local level and is accountable for a successful partnership between McGee Air Services and its customers. This role may be responsible for managing all aspects of ground operations performance, baggage, transfers, leading safetyprograms,and ensuring an engaged, highly productive team.
- Foster and maintain an environment and culture where the safety of our team members and customers is of paramount importance
- Manage the day-to-day operations (ramp, baggage, or transfers) with primary responsibility for scheduling/staffing, managing daily budgeted hours, payroll and overtime of the operation
- Lead a team of supervisors, leads, and agents, including team member coaching, mentoring, and supporting individual development
- Establish and maintain a culture that encourages open communication, and where all team members feel valued, connected, and engaged in the success of the operation
- Recognize and celebrate individual and team performance
- Monitor, assess, and report on team performance as needed and drive ongoing improvement
- Investigate and report on delays, baggage performance, irregularities, and safety and compliance concerns, as well as share lessons learned and develop solutions for future prevention
- Prepare necessary improvement plans, plan and execute initiatives, and coordinate efficient monthly/quarterly team member work schedules
- Ensure tools and equipment are available and in working condition for team members to perform job functions effectively
- Ensure that facilities are maintained in excellent condition, clean, organized, and free of hazards and clutter
- Supervise and fulfill all administrative duties inherent to this position in a timely manner to include scheduling, training, discipline and team member performance development
- Ensure compliance with company policies and all regulations of federal, state and local airport authorities
- Conduct audits and observations to ensure compliance with company and customer policy and expectations
- Demonstrate and maintain open and honest communication, creating an inclusive, engaging, and high-performance culture that demonstrates McGee's values of Safety, Service, Integrity, Mutual Respect, Accountability and Pride
- Other duties as assigned
- College course work in related fields preferred
- Three (3) years of operational experience; with relevant airline industry experience preferred
- A minimum of one (1) year of previous supervisory experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Professional work ethic and demonstrated ability to work with all work groups while addressing people courageously, directly and candidly
- Proven ability to direct the work of others in a positive way
- Strong leadership ability with a genuine desire to help others
- Able to lead and successfully communicate with a diverse workgroup and other internal departments
- Ability to obtain and maintain airport security clearance, customs seal, and/or USPS security clearance including background criminal history check, drug screen and fingerprinting required by specific work assignment
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, weekends, holidays required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CULTURE:McGee Air Services is an entrepreneurial venture with a mindset of delivering incredible service. We are flexible, adaptable, resourceful, collaborative, and inclusive.
McGee Air Services does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
McGeeAir Services- An Alaska Airlines Company
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
McGee Air Services
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at McGee Air Services