Baggage Handling/Ramp Agent SEA - BONUSES - AIRPORT JOB
McGee Air Services Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$21.38* effective hourly rate for 6 months!! (*includes hourly rate of $16.54, plus bi-weekly $1.88 per hour incentives for working 80 hours per pay period, a $1000.00 retention bonus after 6 months and a $2.00 per hour summer differential). OT and extra shifts available!! May 17th-September 5th
McGee Air Services is looking for Baggage Handlers/Ramp Agents
Are you interested in working at the airport? Do you love working outdoors and being physically active? Looking for opportunities to advance your career? If so, look no further because we are looking for you! We are seeking energetic, dedicated team members to join our growing company as baggage handlers at the Seattle Airport!
Why people like it here:
- At McGee, you will earn a competitive wage of $16.54 per hour.
- You have the opportunity to grow and the freedom to try new ideas.
- Our team members like the company diversity, schedule flexibility, and travel privileges.
- Your experience is valued and every day is different.
- If you like learning new things, take pride in the work that you do, and being part of a team you will like it at McGee Air Services.
The Baggage Handling Role:
This is a physically demanding job. In addition to loading and unloading the aircraft, you will perform a variety of tasks.
- Operations of equipment such as tugs/tractors, belt loaders, and forklifts.
- Working in an environment full of activity, fast-paced, and often noisy.
- Safety is our number one concern and we provide personal safety gear for use on the job.
ADDITIONAL: GENERAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS SUMMARY
- This position requires significant physical agility and physical mobility.
- Must comfortably, frequently, continuously and within short timelines: lift, carry, and move heavy items; work in cramped or high places; climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop for extended periods of time; carry heavy items up and down stairs; push/pull loaded and empty carts; and stand for extended periods.
If you have relevant experience in agriculture, construction, general labor, landscaping, freight forwarding, delivery, security, or warehouse work this may be of interest to you.
- Working a constant and quick pace for up to two consecutive hours
- Able to work varied shifts; weekends and holidays
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Obtaining and maintaining an airport security clearance, customs seal, and/or USPS security clearance including background criminal history check, drug screen, and fingerprinting required
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to get along with others
- Performing work according to set procedures
- Anticipating the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding and ability to utilize electronic tools to interpret flight schedules and airline flight destination information
- Performing basic mathematical functions (e.g., counting bags, verifying cargo weights)
- Ability to give/receive oral instructions in English
- Lifting up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have a valid driver's license and one of the following documents to be qualified for this position.
- Original or certified copy of a birth certificate
- Unexpired US Passport
- Permanent Resident Card
- US Territory Passport and I-94
McGee Air Services does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
McGee Air Services - An Alaska Airlines Company
Airport, Permanent, Direct Hire Ramp
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
McGee Air Services
TravelView all jobs at McGee Air Services