POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Admissions and Membership Manager, the Customer Service Associate handles daily operations at the Children’s Center, including program registration, greeting and welcoming members and families, monitoring building security, membership sales, scheduling tours, and assisting staff and administration. The Customer Service Associate is responsible to ensure member satisfaction by providing excellent service at all times.
SHIFT HOURS: On Call / As Needed
**The Children’s Center operating hours are from 7am-6:15pm. Most substitution hours will occur during the afternoon/evening shifts between 3:30-6:30pm, with additional opportunities for hours during peak seasons.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Maintains positive relations with parents, children and other staff and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Be a Leader in outstanding customer service; Offers immediate resolution to staff and member needs whenever possible. Communicates effectively with staff and parents regarding registration and services. Participates in all required trainings including on-line and in person prerequisites, staff training week, and in-services. Attends and participates in program activities, family nights, and staff meetings. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to cash handling and document care, safety, cleanliness, medical situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies. Fosters a safe and welcoming environment that is consistent with the YMCA values. Maintains program site and equipment. Maintains required program records. Assures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to support areas. Works as a team and with Admissions Manager to achieve goals of the department. Performs all necessary functions registration staff including but not limited to: Membership and Program Registrations, Cash Management, Point of Sales Transactions, Switchboard operations and Administrative tasks
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 18 years of age; high school graduate or equivalent
- Previous experience working in sales or customer service preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software required.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
- Demonstrates willingness to help out in additional areas outside job description when necessary.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to multitask with great communication and problem-solving skills. Able to handle high volumes of sensitive information appropriately.
Please submit resume with application. **NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Salary: $13.00 /hour