McGarrah Jessee Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We’re hiring a studio artist. We’re going to start with a full-time three-month contract with the intent of making a hire.
We are looking for someone to take concept files from art directors and designers and adjust them to meet vendor specifications and brand standards. You will use existing creative work and reformat it while maintaining the integrity of the design. Typical print and digital work includes print ads, packaging, point-of-purchase, out-of-home, direct mail, digital display ads and emails.
This role requires an eye for design as well as technical skills. The environment is one that demands you are able to work quickly and accurately with an attention to detail. Strong typographic and layout skills required. Strict attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, time management, critical thinking, file-organization and archiving skills are a must. Animation, illustration and/or retouching skills are a plus.
- Collaborate closely with art directors and designers
- Prepare final press-ready and digital files based on supplied specifications
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready
- Resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
- Package and preflight files for release to vendors or clients
- Create PDFs for client review
- Conduct press checks
- Prepare images for online and mobile applications
- Organize and archive files for future projects
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with both the creative team and the printer
- Provide image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation
- Work with cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization for new business presentations
- Necessary — Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign, Google Slides
- Plus — G Suite apps, After Effects, Lightroom
- A bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent job experience. Portfolio that demonstrates clear knowledge of print production and design
- Solid knowledge of printing processes and adept with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with digital content such as websites, social media, online advertising and email campaigns, along with basic knowledge of HTML5
- Strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects with quick timelines. Process-oriented self-starter