- Must be mechanically inclined. Prefer experience in all phases of semi-trailer repairs such as brakes, electrical, floor repair, tires, welding, hydraulics, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, modifications work, etc. Also, experience in DOT inspections, welding, tires new and repairing, change (mount & dismount).
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on trailing equipment in compliance with manufacturers' and company schedules.
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance (including: inspect and perform work in, on or under parts of trailers).
- Safely walk & stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather).
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally).
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Responsible for shop cleanliness, safety and compliance.
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required.
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation.
- Follow McGriff policy and procedures in making all repairs.
- Participate in company training programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
- General trailer repair and knowledge
- Previous or current ASE certifications desired, not required.
- Basic welding skills such as Oxy/Acetylene, ARC and MIG desired
- Must have clean MVR, Drug Test, pass DOT physical.
Sign-On Bonus of $500 after 6 months of employment.
If interested, please apply online at www.mgrifftire.com or apply in person at 2109 Wolf Ridge Road, Prichard, AL 36612. Application is required to be considered for this position. EOE