POSITION/TITLE: Community Life Assistant
REPORTING: Community Life Pastors
CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time, Non-exempt
McDowell Mountain Community Church is a community following Jesus, learning to love. The Community Life Assistant furthers this by serving as the personal assistant, several days during the week and on Sundays, by providing exceptional administrative and organizational support to the Community Life Pastors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as the first point of contact for the Community Life Pastor, phone calls, meeting with public, and emailing volunteers and leaders
• Work closely with admin and community life teams on creating and managing workflows, database, life group details, and life group registrations.
• Process first-timer/connect cards with responses and managing newcomer workflows.
• Assist in organization of group leader and churchwide community events.
• Volunteer scheduling and reporting.
• Help manage care ministry and meals team coordination.
• Participation on the Connect Central team on Sundays and help keep connect materials up-to-date.
• Maintain Community Life Pastors’ calendars, schedule meetings, coordinate
• Maintain Community Life Pastors’ physical and digital files; keep Community Life office and group materials organized.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Essential Experience
o Minimum five years of administrative assistant role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY
• Proficient computer skills in Mac software and Microsoft Office Suite
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and organizational skills
• Editing and proofreading ability
• Projects a professional and confident image, able to handle a stressful pace
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Ability to work in a multi-task environment
• Detail-oriented, creative, ability to learn new software applications
• Strong administrative abilities
• Steady, positive attitude, people-oriented, team player, customer service minded
• Willingness to work after hours or on weekends when needed
• Strong work ethic, commitment to excellence and efficiency
• Love for God. Love for people.
• Enthusiasm and joy – a naturally “bright” face and smile
• Emotional and relational intelligence
• Loyal and confidential
• Personal pursuit of healthy biblical relationships
• Work ethic that is excellent, protective and frugal with time and money
• Attitude of a servant, enjoyable to be with and devoted to the call of God and the Church
Job descriptions at McDowell are fluid - meaning this job description represents the minimum expectations when it comes to tasks and areas you may be working in. The reality is that we work as a team, and there are numerous other tasks that will require the participation of the person holding this position.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
McDowell Mountain Community Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Why Work Here?non-denominational community church
We are a community following Jesus learning to love.