An established boutique San Mateo law firm specializing in estate planning, special needs trusts, trust administration and probate is looking to add a Full-Time experienced Estate Planning and Trust Administration Paralegal to its team.
Founded in 1953, McDowall Cotter is a San Mateo based law firm that provides a common-sense approach to legal services in the practice areas of civil litigation, business and wealth preservation. The setting is a professional office in San Mateo on the Foster City border where highways 92 and 82 meet. We value company culture and have many firm activities including weekly firm lunches together to make the work environment professional, yet comfortable.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support attorneys in drafting estate planning documents (Revocable Living Trusts, Third Party Special Needs Trust, Wills, Advance Health Care Directives, Durable Powers of Attorney, Trust Transfer Deeds, etc.) and record documents with the County Office.
- Support attorneys in drafting, mailing and filing documents required for trust administrations (Notifications by Trustee, Certifications of Trust, Affidavits re Death of Trustee, Notices to Franchise Tax Board, Change in Ownership Statements Death of Real Property Owner, etc.)
- Correspond, communicate and work directly with clients to respond to their questions, requests, etc. and set appointments.
- Support the office with special projects, as needed, and general administrative duties including, but not limited to, preparing conference room for client meetings, maintaining the firm’s databases and answering and directing telephone calls which will involve screening potential clients.
Skills and Competencies
- Our Estate Planning and Trust Administration Paralegal must be dependable and a self-starter who can work well under minimal supervision as well as take a proactive approach to being team oriented.
- The ideal applicant will have exemplary organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- We are looking for someone who is good at connecting with others and is able to easily converse with clients and make them feel welcome, both in person and on the telephone.
- At least 2 years of legal experience in drafting estate planning and trust administration documents. Experience in trust administration, probate, conservatorships and/or special needs planning is a bonus, but can be learned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Paralegal certification or equivalent
- Notary Public
- Attorneys and law students need not apply.
Competition compensation salary based upon experience. This Full-Time position includes 401k, profit sharing pension plan, medical benefits, vacation, sick leave, and an educational fund for continuing education. We believe in providing our employees with first-class benefits.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We strive, for every client and under every circumstance, to conduct ourselves in ways that combine the care and creativity that make us excellent wealth preservation planners with the determination, teamwork and attention to detail that explain our enduring success as business counselors and litigators.
When knowledge, experience, commitment and compassion matter, clients select to work with McDowall Cotter law firm.
Please do NOT Contact the firm about this posting. ALL applicants go through the ZipReceruiter application process. Thank You for your understanding.