McDermott Will & Emery LLP is a leading international law firm with a diversified business practice representing commercial, industrial and financial enterprises both publicly and privately held. The Firm has a long history of social responsibility and supporting the communities in which our people live and work.
We are seeking a talented senior graphic designer with proven experience in developing and leading print and digital design across a variety of initiatives, programs and integrated campaigns. This position is part of a fun and energetic global team, and acts as a creative advisor and thought-partner with colleagues and internal stakeholders to offer professional creative solutions. Working closely with the Creative Director, the senior graphic designer must be a self-starter and be able to work both independently and with direction. The senior graphic designer must have a passion for exceptional layout and a keen eye for selecting great imagery, is demanding of elevated UX, and is able to work from concept through production; all in a fast-paced professional environment. A solid understanding of working within a corporate visual identity system and brand guidelines standards is a must.
As a Senior Graphic Designer, you will:
- Create design concepts and execute production of print and digital materials aligned with practice goals, including Firm collateral, special reports, advertisements, event materials (invitations, brochures, signage), web graphics, landing pages, video graphics, infographics and various other internal or external deliverables
- Employ knowledge of design and print production process to develop creative solutions consistent with the Firm’s visual identity system and brand guidelines, including management of internal photography and digital asset library
- Analyze project needs, provide recommendations and timelines, and develop and execute appropriate design strategies to achieve business objectives with internal stakeholders
- Use empathy and intuition to help clarify complex ideas and messaging thru design and imagery
- Participate in meetings to exchange information, demonstrate conceptual problem solving skills and translate requirements into graphic depictions
- Collaborate with Creative Director and other Graphic Designers to ideate and create best-in-class solutions
- Support the Creative Director by serving a supervisory role to junior-level designer(s) as needed, providing design input, helping regulate workload, etc.
- Operate as lead with outside vendors and service bureaus regarding production of various creative assets, deadlines, delivery, color correction and other steps for completion of a design project
- Maintain and fulfill everyday requests for various design assets, templates and logo
- Maintain industry-specific knowledge and skills by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
- Ability to work independently and with direct guidance on multiple projects simultaneously while delivering creative and accurate results within specified deadlines
Job Requirements: (Note: online Creative portfolio must be supplied)
- Experience with in-house, corporate, or professional services environment; agency experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design/Visual Communications
- 4-6 years’ experience as a graphic designer with 2-4 years’ in a senior designer role
- Ability to adhere to brand standards and maintain consistency in brand stewardship across a range of deliverables and media
- Technical knowledge and understanding of printing and pre-press production processes; able to attend off-site press checks
- Ability to take the lead on projects and see them through from concept to completion
- Strong organizational, time management, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability and willingness to quickly adapt to changing business demands and project requests
- Strong editing and proofreading capabilities
- Experience working with Windows OS, PC computers and printers
- Expert-level knowledge with Adobe Creative Cloud suite (Windows OS), including InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop. Adobe XD a plus.
- Firm understanding of current UX principles and UI application best practices
- Skilled working with wireframe and website design collaboration software such as Sketch, InVision Studio, Adobe XD and Zeplin.
- Solid knowledge working with PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of front end web design using HTML and CSS, and/or web animation experience a plus