McCree is looking for a Construction Project Engineer to join our Team! The Project Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated projects directed by a Project Manager to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Learn all McCree procedures regarding all Project Manager tasks as follows:
- Estimate job when assigned in conjunction with estimating department.
- Review permit plans and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain and assure company performance on project.
- Oversee construction projects as assigned to see that a timely completion and company’s financial goals are met.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing, r equirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel through Human Resource Director.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Provide employee training in the areas of safety (including OSHA guidelines) shop practices and internal quality provisions.
- Responsible for invoice collection in accordance with the contract.
- Responsible for conducting Superintendent employee evaluations.
- Perform all tasks and duties assigned by Project Manager.
- Must become proficient in Conceptual Estimating.
- Must be able to run small construction projects
- Must assist superintendents on projects
- Must be able to handle all technical aspects of Construction jobs including but not limited to:
- Shop drawing review
- Sample review
- Submittal review
- Construction meetings
- Pay applications
- Change Order and Purchase Order maintenance
- Other miscellaneous maintenance of construction jobs
Supervises Project Superintendent, subcontractors and vendors.
Education and/or Experience:
College degree in Building Construction or equivalent.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of mangers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts college level algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The Project Manager has the authority and responsibility to accomplish the specific duties above. However, without the approval of the Vice President of Construction, or the President, the Project Manager may not contract for any services for the Company. He may not divulge any information of a confidential nature to the Company or about any employee of the Company.
Computer literate, utilizing all McCree software proficiently.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Contractors license preferred.
The physical demands of this position are limited to job site visits. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must work a minimum of 40 hours per week and be available during normal office hours and job hours that may vary depending upon other established duties and responsibilities and any additional time required to meet goals and objectives.
McCree, Inc. promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace that includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise disabled applicants and employees so long as this does not create an undue hardship on the company. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these duties. This job description may not be all inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and/or directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.