- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
McCree Inc. is looking for a Licensed Civil Engineer to join our architectural team. Must have commercial Architectural experience. Will be responsible for all drawings and written material necessary to properly estimate, permit and construct the project including General Site plan, Demolition plan, Geometry plan, Paving and Draining plan, Utilities plan, Design of sanitary lifts stations and other site requirements, drainage calculations, all permit applications appropriate to the site, client representation at all special permit meetings and all written responses to Authority permit comments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Coordinate and oversee project design and work product production with professional and technical staff, and Subconsultants.
· Perform, or provide direction to other professional /technical staff, project research necessary for project design
· Produce, or provide direction to other professional/technical staff, project engineering calculations and plan design in compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations
· Coordinate with other staff professionals/technicians the preparation of applicable local, state, and federal permit applications.
· Prepare draft letters/memorandums of correspondence for project coordination with Client, Subconsultants, Utilities, Agencies, etc. for Project Engineer and Project Manager signature.
· Responsible for review and approval of CADD and Engineering Technician work products
- Conduct construction site visits and assist Project Manager in trouble-shooting engineering construction administration
- Coordinate and review final shop drawings, bid packages, and other construction documents
- Attend preconstruction meetings and site visits
- Occasional deliveries or other errands as necessary to the project
- Attend weekly project team meetings
- Read and understand, for each project or task, the scope of work, individual tasks, due date, and associated labor hours
- Provide the Project Manager with frequent project design status updates and projected task completions based on the project’s time schedule.
- Inform Project Manager immediately of any real or potential time delays with the project schedule
- Provide routine review of all professional/technician work projects relative to project design, plan clarity, and required regulations/standards
- Ensure that all, outgoing correspondence, shall be reviewed by the Project Manager prior to leaving McCree’s office
- CAD Operator or other individuals as requested.
Education and/or Experience:
- Professional Engineer/ Registered in state of Florida or a registered PE in another U.S. state with the capability of becoming a Florida registered PE within six (6) months.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related field
- Four (4) years of Civil or Environmental Engineering work experience and demonstrates technical proficiency.
- Proficient computer skills
- General knowledge of local and state regulations for utility, roadway, and lot grading design.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
College level as appropriate for Engineering/Architecture.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer literate, including CAD software and proficiency with all McCree software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Registered in the state of Florida as a professional Engineer.
The physical demands of this position are limited to light lifting of blueprints and keyboard activity. The ability to climb on scaffolding ladders is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must work a minimum of 40 hours per week and be available during normal office hours and job hours that may vary depending upon other established duties and responsibilities and any additional time as required to meet goals and objectives.
McCree, Inc. promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace that includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise disabled applicants and employees so long as this does not create an undue hardship on the company. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these duties. This job description may not be all inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and/or directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
Richard T. McCree Jr.
McCree General Contractors and Architects, Inc.
McCree is a 96 year old family owned business that treats its employees with family values. This position is critical position based on our growth trajectory. If you want to join a company with these values, please apply. Richard T. McCree Jr. CEO www.mccree.com
500 E. Princeton StreetOrlando, FL