Way Engineering is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our team! Way Engineering, Ltd is one of the nation’s largest and most experienced mechanical contractors. We specialize in commercial air conditioning, plumbing, piping, and the maintenance of these systems. Way Engineering is at the forefront of design build/design assist, pre-construction, commissioning, building information modeling, and quality control.
- Must have 10 years of experience as a S.P.M
- MUST have commercial HVAC mechanical experience
- MUST have construction background
- Oversee all day to day operations for project(s) assigned.
- Attend turn over meetings between Estimating and Operations for the projects you have been assigned.
- Schedule and conduct kick off meetings on new projects with field and shop management; specification review, scope, and detail review meetings.
- Meet with drafting, project engineers, fabrication shop, and subcontractors / vendors, as needed, to ensure we are on track with project schedules.
- Draft Change Proposals and log on the CP log. Monitor their status and keep log updated weekly.
- Complete submittal process (including the control log) for projects assigned.
- Provide all monthly billings and pay applications to Houston. Responsible for timely collections. – Review with vice president.
- Monitor job site progress with field superintendent.
- Monitor all schedules with field superintendent and project scheduler.
- Monitor shop progress for production and billing.
- Monitor all aspects of safety for field with field superintendent and Safety Director.
- Conduct routinely scheduled meetings and site walks with field superintendent.
- Conduct routinely scheduled project manager meetings, BIM, shop foreman, and field superintendent.
- Monthly scheduled site visits with regional field superintendent.
- Attend and be prepared for Bi-monthly Job Cost Meetings.
- Attend and be prepared for Bi-monthly Project Review Meetings.
- Attend at a minimum, Bi-weekly Labor Forecast Meetings once a month.
- Work with vice president(s), Operations Manager(s), and field superintendent(s) to make sure all information is coordinated properly.
- Work with Purchasing Department to ensure all vendor purchase orders are correct.
- Monitor all material and equipment releases for on time deliveries. Update the control log weekly and provide copy to field superintendent.
- Work with BIM department to ensure all drafting schedules are being met and adjust accordingly. Notify Production Manager and BIM Manager of any red flags immediately.
- Approve/amend then approve Subcontractor and Vendor invoices weekly.
- Generate/Monitor RFIs and their Status. Keep RFI log updated weekly.
- Monitor and assist in job site QA/QC.
- Oversee completion of OCIP/CCIP/ROCIP forms for Way and Way’s Subs.
- Prepare and complete the Close-out docs for your project. This will include As-builts, O&M’s, Warranty Letter, etc.
- Mentor and train Project Engineers.
- All other duties senior management feels are necessary.
- Health Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Truck Allowance