Sales Development Representative - DC Metro
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Transform your career with McCormick Paints in a fast paced, highly rewarding sales development position. We have the perfect opportunity to jumpstart your sales career. Right now, we are seeking competitive, self-motivated team players to help us grow.
This opportunity will allow you to thrive in a dual role between store operations and outside sales.
McCormick Paints’ operates as the largest and oldest family-owned paint manufacturer in the Mid-Atlantic region. We are dedicated to our employees who average tenure of over ten years. Don’t miss this opportunity to work for a company that you will feel a part of and believe in! Our sales approach and training programs will set you up for success, while our competitive compensation and exciting incentives reward your performance.
As a Sales Development Rep, you will receive:
- Competitive salary, incentive bonuses, and company wide recognition
- Full time sales manager & coach
- Career advancement opportunities (we promote from within)
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k, and much more.
Are you persistent, resilient, and able to maximize your sales strategies through the efficient use of your time and activity? Then, get ready to demonstrate your drive, persuasive abilities, and talent for developing relationships with customers. Here’s what you will need to qualify for this exciting opportunity.
- Highly disciplined with excellent time management skills
- Strong desire to be in the field hunting for the next sale
- Ability to handle rejection and overcome objection
- Computer & presentation skills
- Excellent communication in a team atmosphere
- Provide support inside one of our retail locations during the busy morning hours and sell outside the remaining hours of the day
- Develop a weekly selling plan and conduct sales calls accordingly
- Making sales calls to existing accounts and establish new accounts
- Identify sources of sales leads and follow through on leads
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Gather market intelligence & develop a plan to capture market share
50% of Time
Sales calls to existing customers to service, pursue new opportunities for business, present and demo products and close additional business. Maintain close relationships with key customers and product sell through programs to profitably increase revenues. Identify and obtain new business. Prospect and call on new business to develop growth opportunities resulting in meeting minimum company new business sales expectations. Develop rapport, open new charge & cash accounts and develop new business sales.
50% of Time
Work inside a retail location to determine customer needs and answer customer questions. Tint, Mix & Match paint to meet customer specifications. Prepare orders for delivery and process sales / payments accurately. Assist in the routine updating of price books, customer account card changes, and filing of paperwork. Be able to perform all daily store operations functions required to service our customers.
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
BusinessView all jobs at McCormick Paints