Division Manager - Architectural & Designer Sales
McCormick Paints Rockville, MD
- Posted: December 10, 2020
For over 60 years McCormick Paints has been providing color & design solutions to clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region. Right now, we are seeking a creative, self-motivated leader who thrives in a team environment. We have the perfect opportunity to use your color, design, and sales skills to make a real difference. Are you our next Division Manager for Architectural & Designer Sales? This position will require a combination of working in the field and in-person work, with frequent regional travel.
Mission Statement: To foster enduring partnerships by delivering customized solutions and color inspiration.
Founded in 1960, McCormick Paints is the largest and oldest family-owned independent paint manufacturer on the East Coast. This long history in the region has enabled McCormick to set itself apart from the competition by offering a unique combination of personalized services and regional expertise. McCormick Paints ensures that all customers get the right product for their specific needs and climate, earning the motto, "The Paint the Pros Use." McCormick Paints prides itself on its agility to manufacture a custom paint solution for clients in the mid-Atlantic region, which national competitors may not be able to accomplish.
To support our growth plan, McCormick Paints is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent. In 2016, McCormick Paints was voted one of the top places to work by the Washington Post. As the company continues to expand its footprint across the mid-Atlantic region, family-owned and operated, McCormick Paints will remain a leader in the manufacturing and delivery of paints and coatings for clients looking to add value, protection and beauty to their property.
Don't miss this opportunity to work for a company that you will feel a part of and believe in! Our sales approach and training program will set you up for success while our competitive compensation and exciting incentives reward your performance.
- Develop and Implement sales strategies for Color, Design, and Architectural Sales Growth in order to achieve and expand our customer base
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Establish and build relationships with key customers, architectural firms, designers, specification writers, and engineers in hopes of establishing McCormick as an exclusive supplier
- Color & Design support - build out the go to market strategy to assist customers with color scheme development and consultations
- Color & Design Support and Strategy Implementation for our core segments - Property Services, Home Builder, Residential Repaint, and Commercial
- Ensure account (specifier) retention by managing & coordinating company resources to facilitate the relationship between the client and McCormick Paints
- Responsible for coordinating efforts to drive new business development as identified by leadership in a multi-market territory
- Thought Leadership on the Marketing of color to our clients and prospects
- Serve as the subject matter expert for McCormick Paints Products & Color Tools
- Identify emerging opportunities and market shifts while being fully aware of new products, and competition status
- Collaborate with the sales team as they generate new leads and help close deals utilizing our color solutions platform.
- Organize and lead Lunch & Learns, Trade Shows, Specification Writing, and Project Tracking
FUNCTIONAL BREAKDOWN OF ROLE
35% of Time
Implementation of overall strategy on ways McCormick Paints can drive decisions through color & design. Traveling to markets across the McCormick footprint to help execute the overall sales plan for Color, Design, and Architectural sales growth.
25% of Time
Support clients with color scheme development and color selection assistance for large projects. Execution of Special projects and programs.
25% of Time
Seeking out major clients and forming working relationships with the premier architects, designers, and specifiers within all markets. Prospect and call on new business to develop growth opportunities. Form sales strategies to keep the company competitive and innovative in the color & design community. Assist sales representatives in landing and closing deals.
15% of Time
Communication with the sales team, color services, and upper management. Attend company events & customer or association events. Execute company reports, gather market intelligence and color collateral needs.
- Four-year marketing, interior design, or color related degree
- 2 Years Management Experience
- Experience in working with & selling to Architects, Designers, or Color Specifiers
- Experience in Color Consultations & Color Theory
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent listening, negotiating, and presentation skills
- Proven track record of driving the sales process from plan to close
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence - credibly and effectively - at all levels of the sales process
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applications as required.
- Ability to travel regionally with frequency
- Competitive Pay
- Incentive bonuses, company car, reasonable expenses, and mileage reimbursement
- Direct interaction with senior leadership team
- Career advancement opportunities (we promote from within)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Package
- Disability & Life Insurance Package
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.