McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking aUtility Mechanicreporting to a Team Manager. This individual will work at the HuntValley Plantlocated in Hunt Valley, MD.
Under the general supervision of Maintenance Leadership, this position will maintain packaging, blending and fermentation equipment in multiple departments and is responsible for completing planner/corrective, predictive and preventative equipment inspection, and improvement and safety work orders to established procedures.
- Consistently Meets Standards for attendance on annual performance review required.
- Meets Standards in overall performance rating in most recent performance review required.
- High School diploma or GED (equivalency)
- Five years of mechanical job experience and/or training on packaging filling lines diagnosing mechanical problems while inspecting a machine in static state.
- Results-focused with ability to self-motivate and work under limited supervision
- Proficiency in the use of hand tools (drills, saws, grinders, presses, welders, wrenches)
- Proficient in Window operation systems and Window based applications
- Proficient in replacing mechanical components of drive systems motors, drives, sprockets, chains, belts, pulleys, bearings
- Proficient with computerized maintenance and downtime systems (Chase, Traksys, SAP, etc)
- Experience overhauling and rebuilding automated equipment i.e. replacing bearings, shafts and drives. Demonstrated quality workmanship with high standards for precision work.
- OSHA certified to operate a powered industrial trucks and Fork Lifts
- Proven ability to train and lead others required
- Must possess troubleshooting skills and have experience leading root cause analysis and problem solving initiatives to make recommendations on machine improvements required
- Must be able to work in cross-functional teams, influence peer to peer relationships.
- Strong, consistent demonstration of high quality interpersonal skills with technical resources and subject matter experts (Vendors, equipment suppliers, engineers, MTM's etc.)
- Completed State approved apprenticeship as a machinist, Tool & Die Maker or equivalent.
- Experience with Tungeten Inert Gas (TIF) and ARC (stick) welding.
- Demonstrated process improvement, problem solving Focused Improvement skills.
- Five years experience in a manufacturing environment (food processing)
- Vocational education or Technical Degree/Certification in Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Ability to troubleshoot industrial control wiring (use of multimeter) to include AC, DC, single and low voltage phase circuits.
- Fundamental materials science knowledge
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Under the general supervision of a Maintenance Team Manager, the incumbent will maintain packaging, blending and fermentation equipment in multiple departments. The employee will adhere to safety/GMP procedures and ensure a safe work environment, meet and/or exceed product quality expectations, achieve process reliability goals, and work in a team based environment.
- Support, troubleshoot, lubricate, and repair all production and facility equipment in assigned work area.
- Has ability to perform mechanic duties on 100% of the production lines. Complete assigned preventative maintenance workorders to established procedures.
- Complete assigned planner/corrective, predictive and preventive equipment inspection, improvement and safety workorders.
- Use Chase Maintenance System to requisition parts , locate parts in inventory and close and write workorders
- Participate in, and lead basic problem solving tools (Breakdown records, 5-Why, etc) for TPM, AM, Continuous Improvement, and high performance Teams. Ability to train employees to identify basic mechanical issues and repair as necessary.
- Serves as a Mentor to Maintenance Technicians I and II. Ability to train employees to identify basic mechanical issues and the appropriate operating procedures for processing and filling equipment to optimize Process Reliability.
- Develop training for employees to identify basic mechanical issues and repair as necessary.
The Utility Mechanic will spend 90% of the time on the floor supporting production and will utilize available line time and resources to complete work during regular hours. This position will identify constant improvements while maintaining and improving preventative maintenance sheets and daily checklists with specific actionable information.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
McCormick & Company Incorporated
Why Work Here?With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments, and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, and our planet.