McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time HR Business Partner II. This new hire will work in The Mojave Foods plant, located in Commerce, CA. The HR Business Partner II will report to an HR Director.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
- Provide HR leadership as a results focused change agent in the areas of employee engagement, employee relations, performance management, organization capability building, employee communications, policy interpretation
- Partner with Supply Chain and Commercial leaders and employees at all levels to initiate employee development programs and provide individual development and career counseling, conflict resolution, team skills, and leadership skills
- Provide insight, leadership and support for short-term and long term workforce planning using data driven analysis for exempt and non-exempt staff
- Partner with Talent Acquisition teams to ensure adequate staffing and talent needs are met
- Lead the exempt and non-exempt talent management processes to include annual salary reviews, performance management, talent reviews
- Lead HR process improvement initiatives and participate in cross-functional/cross-location special projects across the network
- Proactively champion and contribute to the development and delivery of diversity and inclusion programs
- Partner with the business to provide counsel to managers and leaders regarding employee relations issues, interpretation of employment laws and company policies and procedures. Apply judgment and creativity when drawing conclusions and developing solutions
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or a related field
- Experience managing complex employee relations situations
- Strong understanding of applicable federal and state employment laws and government agencies (ex: FMLA, OFCCP, FLSA, EEOC, DOL, etc.)
- Proven ability to successfully manage change
- Critical thinking skills with proven experience translating strategies into actionable plans and successfully operationalizing action plans
- History of effectively coaching across all levels and functions, including individuals in more Senior roles than oneself
- Experience managing multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously and executing successfully to completion
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams, defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, drawing valid conclusions and delivering workable solutions
- Experience successfully leading others, developing staff, and influencing change
- Ability to work flexible hours across three shifts to meet business demands
- Minimum 7 years of increasingly responsible HR experience with at least 3 years in a manufacturing plant
- Minimum 3 year experience supervising direct reports
- Fluency in Spanish and English (Bilingual)
- PHR/SPHR Certification
- Change Management Certification
- TPM experience
- Experience working in a High-Performance Organization
- SAP experience
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.