McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time Quality Sanitation Manager to join the Quality Assurance team. This new hire will work at the Flavor Manufacturing Center, located in Hunt Valley, MD. The Quality Sanitation Manager will report to a Quality Operations Director.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
Under the general direction of the Department Manager, provides leadership for a functional team within a high performance environment. Oversees the daily management of the function and drives improvement activities through the development of people and processes. Has overall accountability for the results of the team. The job requires a sound understanding technical concepts within the incumbent's work area and a basic knowledge in other areas. The job also requires knowledge gained through substantial applicable work experience, often achieved through a variety of work assignments, to supplement formal knowledge This level of proficiency enables the incumbent to apply technical skills and knowledge and ensure essential procedures are followed as well as help to define the standards and specifications around which others will operate Oversees the activities of Technicians engaged in activities such as receiving, transporting, storing and shipping raw or finished good materials.
- TEAM MANAGEMENT: Leads a team in a specific functional area in a manner consistent with the core beliefs and and guiding pronciples of McCormick's High Performance System. Utilizes coaching and facilitation skills to manage employee relations. Provides regular performance feedback and oversees development/training plans for individuals within the team. Actively uses performance and development tools to document and facilitate improvement/recognition discussions. Rewards and recognizes performance achievements. Removes barriers that prevent the team from achieving goals.
- IMPROVEMENT ACTIVITIES: Utilizes problem solving tools and methodologies to implement continually improve processes within the function. Demonstrates a sense of urgency and tenacity to resolve problems and implement process improvements. Leads root cause analysis when required for failures that meet the applicable threshold. Develops and ensures all functional procedures and best practices are documented and continually improved. Interacts cross-functionally to resolve issues.
- MANAGE KEY RESULT AREAS (Safety, Quality, Cost, Reliability, Customer Service, etc.): Directs and supports the daily management of the team to prioritize work and achieve goals. Creates an atmosphere of 100% compliance to operational processes and procedures. Coordinates the sharing of resources to make the best use of existing skills to meet business needs. Ensures that procedures and scorecards are in place for the team.
- COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively up, down, and across the organization. Creates a vision for the team that is in alignment with the Plant, Division, and McCormick. Communicates organizational and plant objectives, including the attainment of established scorecard metrics (safety, quality, reliability, etc.) and ensures that they are understood and linked to the team's work. Manages interactions with other areas to support total plant objectives. Conducts regular team meetings to share information and ensure two-way communication.
- FUNCTIONAL OGSM: On an annual basis, execute specific projects and action plans (in additional to core work, above) in support of the functional OGSM.
- TECHNICAL DUTIES SPECIFIC TO FUNCTION: Manages the technical aspects of the role, specific to the functional area.
- Minimum 2 years of sanitation experience in food, beverage, and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant environment(s)
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience managing / supervising direct reports
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the food, beverage, flavor, ingredient, and/or pet food manufacturing industry
- Strong cross-functional strategic leadership experience, communication and teamwork skills with demonstrated success in managing people and multiple projects
- Demonstrated understanding of how day to day decisions affect business results, customers, staffing, materials, processing and maintenance
- Demonstrated analytical skills to determine root cause and delivered corrective actions
- Experience reacting to multiple and changing priorities and achieving results within a compressed time frame
- Experience recognizing problems, analyzing them, offering solutions and using logical thought processes when making decisions
- Experience reading and interpreting technical documents such as specifications, procedure manuals and technical data sheets
- Experience working collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing technical procedures
- Ability to work flexible hours to manage a 3-shift operation
- Knowledge of and experience working with HACCP Programs
- Experience developing, coaching and motivating employees in a team based environment
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Experience in an FDA regulated facility
- Experience working with SAP software system
- Certified Quality Control Sanitarian (AIB or NFPS standards)
- Willingness to relocate for future assignments
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
McCormick & Company Incorporated
Why Work Here?With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments, and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, and our planet.