McCormick & Company Incorporated Hunt Valley, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking a Flavor Manufacturing Technician reporting to a Team Manager. This individual will work at theFlavor Manufacturing Centerlocated in Hunt Valley, MD.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
- Set up and operate all pieces of the filling packaging equipment as well as perform hand-filling tasks
- Operate a small Spray Dryer
- Understand and follow all packaging instructions on production cards and daily schedule (i.e. Weights, label requirements, formula integrity, machine number, etc.)
- Keep accurate production records, report information daily and accurate reporting in SAP
- Inspect in-process goods for proper weights, labeling, packaging, pallet configuration, correct and/or report defects.
- Perform sanitation duties, perform proper housekeeping, and adhere to safety and GMP procedures
- Help maintain equipment, report all machinery breakdowns or problems, and resolve basic mechanical issues
- Perform all retain procedures
- Assist in making basic, small blends, and emulsions
- Perform sampling procedures per specifications
- Operate fork truck in a safe manner
- Perform changeovers and wash downs (including chemical, allergen, and kosher) of equipment
- Participate in team/department meetings, offering suggestions where warranted
- Responsible for disposal of trash and operating compactor
- Minimum Three (3) months of manufacturing experience
- Ability to use logical thinking in performing multiple duties, often working on different projects at the same time
- Ability to memorize various policies and procedures
- Ability to know when to go to higher level for a decision
- Ability to read and interpret various formula sheets, printed/written materials, and computer screens
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Ability to perform basic math functions; must be able to write legibly
- Ability to lift and carry pails of liquids (50 lbs), move containers over 50 lbs., hand roll 600 lb drums
- Ability to climb ladders/stairs and bend/stoop to work around equipment
- Ability to operate hand tools, high-pressure water hoses, and enter information onto a computer (touch-screen/keyboard)
- Ability to work a full shift plus daily overtime (often on short notice) and on weekends, plus have flexibility to work other shifts or longer shifts (10-12 hours)
- Fork truck license required or ability to become fork truck certified through McCormick and Company
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to wear a fitted respirator
- Ability to wear a PAPR/positive pressure respirator and to be physically able to complete annual pulmonary function monitoring and testing
- High School Diploma OR equivalency
- One year of production experience involving mixing/blending/processing or related experience
- Experience in a computer-based system - SAP experience
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
McCormick & Company IncorporatedWhy Work Here?
We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, and our planet.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments, and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.