McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking aElectrical Electronics Technician reporting to the Maintenance Manager.This individual will work at the Dallas Plant located in Irving, Texas.
With more than $4 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick brings passion to flavor!
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Team Manager, the incumbent will respond to electrical trouble calls on production/process equipment and utility breakdown. This will include diagnosing, repairing and testing industrial equipment including power service, motor starters, high/low voltage electrical systems PLC's controls, HMI's Networks (ethernet I/P, DeviceNet, DH+ etc.) and electrical field devices (photo eyes, proxes, encoders, limit switches etc.)
- Diagnosing, repairing and testing industrial controls items including starters, motors, relay logic, PLC code, CPUs, I/O cards, VFDs, Profibus, DeviceNet and Ethernet I/P networks.
- Perform general preventive maintenance and repairs to line and facilities equipment.
- Systems expert with plant SCADA system within 1-2 years of exposure for the department.
- Assist engineering with I/O checks and startups of new equipment.
- Perform rebuilds and repairs during preventive maintenance windows.
- Document and record daily activities in OneNote and CMMS systems.
- Maintain shop housekeeping standards.
- Determining root cause of line break downs and minor stops
- AA degree in Industrial Electronics/Electrical Engineering Technology or completion of an approved apprenticeship in industrial electrical maintenance or 5-7 years direct applicable experience
- Availability to work overtime daily or on weekends. Flexibility to support /train across shifts.
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics, modify drawings and filed wiring when needed.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and demonstrate the ability to methodically analyze and correct problems of a varied nature on a wide range of equipment and support equipment.
- Proficient in the use and application of equipment such as multimeters and meggers.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft office.
- Accountable to work order, preventive maintenance and break down analysis completion.
- Must have a working relationship with production work leaders and supervisors. Production is our customer, feedback will be requested for reviews and appraisals.
- Possess knowledge of NEC requirements
- Must be able to work in cross functional teams
- Ability to lift 70lbs.
- 3-5 years of plant maintenance experience
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future. You must be lawfully authorized to commence work upon being offered employment.
We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
McCormick & Company Incorporated
Why Work Here?With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments, and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, and our planet.