Mojave Foods Corporation, a subsidiary of McCormick & Company, Inc. and nationwide manufacturer & distributor of Hispanic Consumer Products is seeking a full time Machine Operator for the plant located in Commerce, CA. This person will report to the Operations Team Manager.
With more than $100 million in annual sales, our company manufactures and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the Hispanic Community. Additionally, we market different and leading brands including: El Guapo, the leading bagged spice brand in the market; McCormick Produce Partners, McCormick Mayonnaise, as well as a range of McCormick herb, spice and seasoning products. Every day, Mojave Foods is a place where employees can transform, collaborate, and contribute to progress.
Mojave Foods offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families.
Under the general direction of the Operations Team Manager, the Machine Operator will be responsible for operating automatic pod machine to perform efficiently and achieve specified results.
Monitor product flow from load station to packaging machines.
- Clear product jams at filling stations.
- Add and change packaging film.
- Make operational adjustments to maintain proper machine rates and packaging quality.
- Perform machine and product changeovers accurately in standard allocated time for individual lines.
- Monitor, operate and changeover code daters, printers and labelers.
- Monitor and consistently maintain below 1% film waste
- Monitor and adjust scales to ensure proper weights.
- Complete required production / quality documentation; startup inspection, accurately calculate run time, quality inspections, efficiencies and cases produced.
- Always maintain a sanitary work environment by adhering to equipment sanitation guidelines.
- Ensure that work areas are clean and that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are fully complied with.
- Ensure compliance with all safety programs and maintain hazard free work areas.
- Responsible for the operator preventative maintenance schedule of the machinery as per OEM specification.
- Cleaning, Lubing, adjustments and inspection of centerlines at start up.
- Responsible for the manufacture of safe, legal and quality product.
- Must be flexible to work over time and cover alternate shift to operate equipment, if needed.
- Be able to effectively communicate with team members to support a self-directed work environment.
- Use sound judgment in exercising caution to insure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Minimum education of High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in working in a semi-automated manufacturing environment.
- Must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a solid mechanical aptitude combined with technical training and/or the equivalent in manufacturing experience (preferably in food manufacturing).
- Demonstrate creative troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Must regard safety as a core value; must serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to actively contribute in a team based environment, encourage open communication and positive interaction with peers and management to effectively reach a common goal.
- Must have a strong service and quality focus, be able to address issues effectively when problems arise, and take initiative to understand root cause then communicate to lead/management
- Must have a strong detail orientation and be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
McCormick and Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.