Line Technician - 2nd Shift
McCormick & Company Incorporated New Orleans, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. Zatarain's, a leader in New Orleans cuisine owned by McCormick, is seeking a 2nd Shift Line Technicianat its facility located in Gretna, Louisiana.
With $4 billion in annual sales, McCormick & Company, Incorporated manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and food service businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better. To learn more please visit us at www.mccormickcorporation.com.
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick & Co., Inc. offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. Zatarains benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), defined contribution plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
The Line Technician position exists to insure the effective operation of the production line to meet company production, budgetary, quality, safety and waste goals and objectives. Under the general supervision of the Production Manager, this individual must be able to remain fully attentive of their work surroundings while working at a steady pace on a continually moving production line. They must be able to multitask and learn different work assignments. Individuals must be able to adapt to various work assignments; must keep their work area clean and follow all safety and Good Manufacturing guidelines. In addition, individuals must work well with others in a supportive team environment in order to meet production quality and quantity standards, while reducing waste and rework and minimizing downtime.
- Responsible for line set-up, product changeovers, package size changes and minor repairs and adjustments on line equipment.
- Operate processing, filling and packaging production line equipment.
- Performing quality inspections of products and packs, including but not limited to, visual checks of raw material, raw material consumption, caps, labels, date codes, weights, packaging and seals.
- Monitor work activities of line team to insure the effective operation of the production line to meet production needs, quality standards and help minimize downtime and practice waste control.
- Process required inventory control transactions using SAP and accurately complete all necessary paperwork.
- Perform allergen clean up and daily housekeeping duties in the work area.
- Assist in training employees on the operation of the line's equipment and Company processes.
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in food manufacturing industry with a strong background in leadership role, operating manufacturing equipment, sanitation, and/or QA.or related technical Associates degree.
- Must possess proven mechanical ability.
- Must have the ability to read, write and perform simple math calculations.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds on a continual basis and 25-50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to work in a work environment with fumes or airborne particles and machinery with moving mechanical parts.
- Must be able to work overtime on a frequent basis and on weekends as required by scheduling/production demands.
- One year Industrial Manufacturing experience or Related Technical Associates Degree.
McCormick and Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
McCormick & Company IncorporatedWhy Work Here?
We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, and our planet.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments, and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
AddressNew Orleans, LA