McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking a3rd Shift Quality Lab Technician reporting to the Quality Team Manager.This individual will work at the Dallas Plant located in Irving, Texas.
With more than $4 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick brings passion to flavor!
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs batch adjustments of in-process products.
- Determines disposition of out of specification materials. Works with Material Control and Production Departments to ensure proper disposition of materials.
- Provides data and samples of material as needed by Divisional Technical and Quality Assurance functions and provides support to other McCormick facilities.
- Compiles and analyzes test information, including SPC charts, to determine conformance to standard of raw materials and finished goods.
- Coordinates with Shipping and Production Departments for release of raw materials and finished goods.
- Supervises performance of laboratory Instrument Certification Program as designated by Divisional Procedures
- Oversees correlation studies with Corporate and Divisional labs, suppliers, and customers as needed.
- Establishes or adjusts work schedules and procedures to meet testing schedules.
- Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Handles performance appraisals.
- Demonstrated ability to react to multiple and changing priorities with the ability to achieve results within a compressed time frame.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as specifications, procedure manuals, and technical data sheets
- Must be able to recognize problems, analyze them, and offer solutions; use logical thought processes when making decisions. Working knowledge of statistics preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associate Degree in Science preferred
- Food Manufacturing operations, experience preferred.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future. You must be lawfully authorized to commence work upon being offered employment.
We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
McCormick & Company Incorporated
Why Work Here?With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments, and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, and our planet.