Mojave Foods Corporation, a subsidiary of McCormick & Company, Inc. and nationwide manufacturer & distributor of Hispanic Consumer Products is seeking a full time HR Admin for the plant located in Commerce, CA. This person will report to the HR Business Partner.
With more than $100 million in annual sales, our company manufactures and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the Hispanic Community. Additionally, we market different and leading brands including: El Guapo, the leading bagged spice brand in the market; McCormick Produce Partners, McCormick Mayonnaise, as well as a range of McCormick herb, spice and seasoning products. Every day, Mojave Foods is a place where employees can transform, collaborate, and contribute to progress.
Mojave Foods offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families.
Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department on all personnel matters and assists with the following functions: employment, training, benefits administration, personnel records maintenance, employee communications and safety.
- Filing, scanning, copying, to all employee, and compliance files, training/projects as needed.
- Catering in meals for working events and assisting for logistics planning for off-site events with the guidance of the HRBP.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions, identifying more sensitive employee relations issues and escalate them to the HRBP.
- Coordinate initial orientations to newly hired employees (exempt & nonexempt), including HR/Benefits, Quality & Safety.
- Verifies and maintains I-9 documentation updated and files into appropriate file.
- Processes all EDD, VOE, and any state compliance forms requested on a timely manner.
- Compile and update new employee files to be maintained in an organized system ready to present for audits and/or claims as needed.
- Assist employees with time and attendance, contact information changes, benefits eligibility questions and process enrollment/changes as needed.
- Coordinates benefits enrollment, including annual open enrollment meetings and communication strategy.
- Assists in coordinating annual compliance trainings for managers and team with the direction of the HRBP as needed.
- Assists with coordination to employee events like general meetings, biometric screenings, end of the year party, employee luncheons, etc.
- Schedules conferences by reserving facilities at local hotels and/or restaurants.
- Back-up to front desk receptionist coverage. To include- answering questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, transferring calls, greeting and directing visitors in a professional courteous manner.
- Friendly, attentive customer service is critical to this role. Able to maintain confidentiality and displays a professional and warm communication style. Have a sense of urgency to ensure tasks are done efficiently and timely.
- Updates/maintains training database for organization wide training by documenting training dates for each employee.
- Back-up to payroll specialist for ADP when payroll specialist is on vacation.
- Able to pull reports of ADP as needed, re-set employee passwords and help assist with employee change requests for HRIS tracking.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal, with management and employees.
- Ability to handle confidential information. To be tactful and mature.
- Proficient in word, excel and power point.
- Attention to details
- Bilingual in Spanish required; written and oral.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years experience in human resources administrative roles
- High school diploma
- Experience with Workers Compensation, Safety and Compliance.
- College degree or seminar training and development desired.
McCormick and Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future