Facility Maintenance Tech- Day Shift
McCormick & Company Incorporated Dallas, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking aFacilities Maintenance Technicianreporting to an MaintenanceTeam Manager. This individual will work at the Dallas Plant located in Irving, Texas.
With more than $4 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick brings passion to flavor!
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Facilities Maintenance technicians will work independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks to the facility and facility support equipment. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the organization. Other responsibilities include.
- Ensure compliance to all food and safety regulations by proactively identifying facilities related issues that could potentially cause the organization to fail a food safety or GMP related audit.
- Repair and maintain plant support machinery and equipment such as HVAC, boiler systems and associated valves, pumps, waste water treatment equipment, and lighting.
- Perform a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services which may include light construction, carpentry, door lock and key management, painting, scraping, and repairs to the roof, floor, walls, external grounds, ceilings, plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
- Replace pneumatic, hydraulic, piping system, motors, gear boxes, rollers, chains, bearings and other components including electrical and electronic devices normally associated with facilities support equipment in an industrial food production environment.
- Keeps tools, equipment and machines clean and in safe operating order, and follows all procedures for safe and efficient operation of tools, equipment and machines.
- Work with Maintenance Manager and scheduler to prioritize maintenance jobs, help collect and analyze downtime information, give input on all maintenance opportunities to improve plant operations.
- Perform preventative maintenance and in some cases predictive maintenance to industrial support equipment.
- Works to improve/update all PM procedures.
- Properly records all parts removal from stock room.
- Document all work performed and maintain complete records in equipment database (CMMS)
- Participate in the High Performance Work System which may include working as a technical instructor to further TPM and autonomous maintenance efforts.
- Maintain proper storage of shop materials and keeps maintenance area clean and organized utilizing the principles of 5s.
- Assist Plant Engineering group and/or Maintenance Manager in installations and capital projects.
- Work with outside MRO vendors with the sourcing of needed project materials, parts and supplies.
- Identify facilities related work process issues and improvement opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future. You must be lawfully authorized to commence work upon being offered employment.
We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.
McCormick & Company IncorporatedWhy Work Here?
We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, and our planet.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments, and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation, and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick.