Program Support and Logistics Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
LOCATION: Butlerville, Indiana
TYPE: Full-Time Regular employee with benefits
McColm & Company (McCO) equips change makers with the knowledge, skills, and insights they need to succeed in an increasingly complex world. McCO specializes in supporting U.S. federal customers with internationally and thematically-focused requirements and portfolios by managing bespoke professional training programs, designing effective capacity building solutions, and by providing highly specialized advisory and analysis expertise to decision makers.
McCO is seeking qualified personnel to serve as a Program Support and Logistics Specialist to support contracted training delivery at Atterbury-Muscatatuck Training Center facilities.
POSITION DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Support and Logistics Specialist, under the supervision of the Program Manager, provides a range of services to the contract to support finance, administration, human resources, logistics, and training event coordination. The Specialist is expected to display outstanding interpersonal skills and a willingness to backstop other members of the contract team, as needed.
- Manage and facilitate logistics of contracted local trainings to include scheduling training space and conference rooms, reserving billeting/hotel rooms, coordinating delivery of materials, supplies, and equipment, setting up training spaces, etc. as needed.
- Manage local procurements of goods and services related to the contract and ensure proper documentation of all purchases, produce expense and purchasing reports for the head office according to Company policies.
- Coordinate and oversee transportation of training participants from major airports to the training facility.
- Serve as a local resource and support/resolve any issues experienced by training participants during training sessions (e.g. issues with their rooms/check in/check out, medical emergencies, accommodation of food allergies, etc).
- Provide on-call local resource support during training delivery (e.g. quickly procure missing supplies/equipment, etc).
- Perform general administrative, support, logistics and other duties as assigned.
- Provide surge support and staffing back up to the training team, as required.
Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Experience with training logistics coordination, access requirements, and business practices at the Atterbury-Muscatatuck Training Center facilities.
- Minimum education of high school diploma. Associates or Bachelors degree in business, accounting, or similar field a plus.
- Prior military service preferred.
- Minimum of four years experience working in an essential back office function (e.g. accounting/payroll, procurement, human resources, or similar) professional office environment or in military service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong organizational, planning, time-management, and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work products.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office suite. Knowledge of online meeting platforms (such as TEAMS).
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities and needs.
- Ability to work independently while closely and appropriately coordinating with team members.
- Must be an energetic, enthusiastic, and a positive, collaborative team player.
- Ability to legally work in the US without employer sponsorship.
- Must be able to pass background and credit check.
- Candidates must be based in or near Mount Vernon, Indiana.
McCO offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our staff. Compensation is offered according to job requirements, available budget, and experience/skills of the successful candidate. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, generous Paid Time Off, 11 paid federal holidays, and annual performance bonuses. Personnel hired to fill contract staffing roles may also be eligible for end of project retention bonuses when they perform successfully and remain on board through project closeout.
McColm and Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?