Field Service Technician for Heavy Construction Equipment
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Field Service Technicians and Mechanics in this position must perform a variety of activities designed to service, repair, and maintain pieces of heavy equipment. The work is performed through the application of a body of knowledge and specific certifications that denote expertise in the field of heavy equipment maintenance. Competitive Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Vision, Generous PTO, Paid Holidays, Paid Training, 401(k) match, and much more.
- Developing knowledge is required at the intermediate level, considerable knowledge is required at the experienced level, and thorough knowledge is required at the advanced level.
- Knowledge of the standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment used in the repair and maintenance of heavy construction equipment and diesel engines.
- Skills in the use of a variety of hand tools.
- Skills in the use of mechanized tools, jacks, and hoists
- Skills in the use of a variety of diagnostic testing and tuning equipment
- Ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic malfunctions
- Ability to read manuals and schematics
- Ability to rebuild diesel engines and major driveline components
- Ability to communicate with other Field Service Technicians and mechanics about repair work needed
- Ability to enter information in repair management software
DUTIES & TASKS
- Field Service Technicians and Mechanics repair equipment in a safe, timely and cost effective manner whether in the field or in the shop.
- Troubleshoot electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, steering, frame, cab and hydraulic systems. This includes reading diagrams, service manuals, service bulletins, etc. May also require using trouble shooting web tools such as VCAD’s on the Volvo Dealer Network.
- Inform customers on problems and costs required to repair unit/equipment. Order parts necessary to repair unit and follow up with parts department on backorders.
- Welding on equipment as needed.
- Field Service Technicians and Mechanics perform routine maintenance checks and adjustments on such things as fluid levels, hoses, belts, brakes, tires, clutches, changes filters and oil.
- Submit paperwork in a timely manner including, daily notes, timecards, tech-line reports, expense reports and warranty parts.
- Maintain service truck by filling out daily inspection reports and utilizing ELD.
- Takes advantage of every opportunity made available to him to increase his knowledge through attendance at meetings, seminars, and schools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Lifting, carrying, reaching, pushing, and/or pulling; climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant finger dexterity necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 90+lbs.
- Field Service Technician and Mechanics are required to drive and work outdoors in various climates/temperatures, with the possibility of sitting for extended periods of time.
- This position is exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles and moderate noise levels.
- Essential business. Field Service Technician is not a work from home position.
- Field Service Technicians must have a clean MVR.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen & DOT physical (if necessary) and a Functional Capacity test (FCT)
- This position will require that the applicant have a satisfactory background check prior to accepting position
- High School diploma or Trade School (2-year degree) preferred
- Continuing education with verifiable credits from Manufacturer’s technical schools or training programs paid for by the company.
- Must be able to successfully hold certifications for MSHA, First Aid/ CPR, etc. paid for by the company
Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws - Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
McClung-Logan Equipment Company
AgricultureView all jobs at McClung-Logan Equipment Company