Ready to accelerate your career while helping our customers move forward? Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits, and incentives? If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you’ve got to check out McCarthy Tire Service. As our Heavy-Duty Truck Mechanic for McCarthy Tire Service in Roanoke, VA, you’ll have just that.
Why is this job awesome? For starters, no day is the same. You will be hands on in this fast-paced environment. We work hard to get the job done, but we also make sure you have the time you need to do the job right. Safety and reliability are our top priorities. You will work alongside experienced supervisors and technicians.
Heavy Duty Truck Mechanics repair and maintains both diesel, and gasoline powered class 5 through 8 Heavy trucks by performing the following duties. Also repairs and maintains -dry van / flatbed/ dry bulk tanker/ liquid tanker/ reefer/ pole/ spool/ canvas side/ auto carrier / specialty trailers, trailing equipment, and converter gear.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads job order and observes, listens to, and in some cases road tests Heavy duty trucks in operational mode to determine malfunctions or issues in order to plan the proper work procedures.
- Diagnoses all heavy-duty truck system components including electrical, electronics, and emissions related fault codes etc., in order to repair or replace faulty parts, as indicated by required testing or visual observations.
- Perform valve and injector overhead adjustments according to OEM procedures. Ability to perform periodic maintenance on SCR, DOC, DPF, and DEF systems as required by engine manufacturers.
- During periodic maintenance inspections you must examine all truck componentry insuring that vehicle is in satisfactory compliance with Federal annual inspection and brake system criteria guidelines and all safety devices such as fire extinguishers, reflective triangles, conspicuity markings, ABS systems, collision avoidance, frontal radar, and lane departure warning devices are fully functional.
- Lubricates moving parts such as drive line components, hinged parts, suspension, and steering system components.
- Reads job order and evaluates trailer / equipment condition for any symptomatic issues in order to determine a malfunction or need for further diagnostics, in order to properly plan the corrective work procedures.
- Installs new parts such as, but not limited to: Cross members, panels, posts, rails, door equipment, flooring, lights, wiring, brakes, valves, airlines, wheel end components, landing gear, frame assembly, and other parts.
- Repairs wreck damage by welding, pulling, straightening, riveting, and aligning multiple structural parts.
- Examines all system parts looking for damage, excessive wear, loose bolts, broken welds, structural deficiencies, air leaks, oils leaks, stuck, frozen, or rusted parts, as well as safety devices on all types of trailers.
- Lubricates moving parts and performs air system and lighting system tests to include ABS system function while nursing the trailer meets OEM, Federal annual inspection, and brake system criteria guidelines and industry conformance to specifications.
- Fabricates various attachments, supports, reinforcement, gussets, etc. according to general designs, blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license required CDL License or the ability to receive within the first 6 months of employment ASE Certification preferred. Will be given 6 months to acquire certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Why McCarthy Tire Service?
- Strong safety culture, including safe and reliable equipment, and paid training.
- Stability and growth opportunities - Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
- Competitive Pay and Benefits package: Blue Cross, Vision, and Dental!
- Weekly pay, and direct deposit is available!
- PTO & Paid Holidays, including time off during the 1st year!
- Relocation to other McCarthy locations available.
- And many more great incentives!
Check out our website for a list of incentives – www.mccarthytire.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.