o you want to work at a company where you can grow and feel valued?
We treat every employee as an important member of our strong, diverse, and multi-cultural workforce. Our people are important. That is the McCarthy Tire Service Tradition.
We are looking for a General Service Technician
They will be responsible for inspection, repair and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. The General Service Technician will serve as the expert in the companies' core services, such as, oil solutions, battery services and tire installations; and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle. The General Service Technician will conduct a wide variety of inspections and repairs, including but not limited to fluid exchanges and maintenance services, tire inspections / installations and bulb, wiper blade and filter replacements.
The General Service Technician may be required to provide advice to and sell customers on automotive services and repairs that are recommended or required for their vehicle. Adheres to the McCarthy Tire Service policies and standards.
- All Maintenance work such as oil changes, tire rotations, general car repairs, etc.
- Maintain a good and positive attitude and the team concept at all time.
- Must adhere to all OSHA safety rules and regulations as well as all city, county and state regulations regarding shop safety, fuel spill cleanup or other flammable or hazardous material.
- Assist in all housekeeping functions as directed by management.
- Examine vehicle and discuss with service writer/service manager the nature and extent of any damage or malfunction. Provide recommendations for repair, parts list needed to perform recommended repairs and hours required to perform the repairs using industry standard labor guides. Provide list of all items needing attention, whether maintenance, safety or other.
- Perform a thorough Courtesy Inspection on all vehicles when approved by the customer.
- Insure all under-car, under-hood and preventive maintenance inspections and reports are complete and accurate.
- Raise vehicle with hydraulic jack or lift, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle, using proper equipment and safety procedures.
We invest in our associates for the long term. We offer:
• Team work environment
• Opportunity for career advancement
• Excellent compensation
• Paid holidays, vacation time, and personal holidays
• Medical coverage, dental, and prescription
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts
• Wellness program with incentives
• Voluntary Aflac program
• Confidential employee assistance program
• 401 K with company match
• Company-paid short-term disability coverage and vision
• Company-paid life insurance for every employee, with additional voluntary life insurance available for employee, spouse, and children
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.