Sheet Metal Apprentice
McCarthy Building Co Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
McCarthy is excited to hire full time Sheet Metal Installers for our commercial team.
McCarthy is looking for team members that have a proven commitment to safety and can be committed to a full-time schedule.
- Safety-First Mindset
- Competitive pay
- 7 paid holidays
- Medical, paid time off, and retirement savings available
- Assist in installation or assembly of trade specific material and equipment in the shop or jobsite.
- Understands and can use power tools safely.
- Understand hanger systems and how to install properly.
- Expand and demonstrate knowledge base of multiple HVAC system applications: Supply, Return, Exhaust, Grease and Outside Air Ducts, Dampers, Louvers, Pumps, Fans, Variable Air Volume, Fan Coil Units, Cabinet Unit Heaters, Heat Pumps, Air Handlers, Roof Top Units.
- Expand and demonstrate knowledge base of multiple HVAC material applications: Galvanized, Aluminum, Stainless, Steel, Specialty Plastics, Fasteners, Flanges, Sealants, and Hangers.
- Operate all required support equipment safely to achieve installation of systems: scissor lifts, forklift, ladders, torches.
- Develop keen eye for quality installation of systems and immediately report any substandard craftsmanship to lead.
- Assist with testing, inspecting, and recording for all rough-in installations as required by building codes and project specifications.
- Educate on lessons learned when and where appropriate.
- Understanding of work plan process and how to implement.
- Perform daily safety assessment of Tools, Cords, Equipment.
- 2+ years’ experience in HVAC/ Sheetmetal Installation
- General knowledge in HVAC functional design and installation of ductwork systems
- General understanding of refrigerant, gas/electric furnaces, heat pumps, troubleshooting and installation of all residential and light commercial systems
- Exceptional safety knowledge of tools, testing devices and surroundings
- General knowledge in all HVAC low voltage systems
- Ability to test and balance systems
- Ability to read blue prints and other diagrams preferred but not required
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
McCarthy Building Co
ManufacturingView all jobs at McCarthy Building Co