Senior Project Scheduler
- Posted: over a month ago
You are an integral member of our Project Management team. You will develop schedules from Bidding/Proposal through Commission and Turnover. You will work with the Chief Scheduler to develop division schedules, enhancing overall business flow.
- Develop preliminary master schedule, incorporating “Project Plan” and facilitating successful carry-out of schedule throughout the course of the project
- Develop and implement the work breakdown structure
- Assist in the development of proposal/bid schedules
- Review any scheduling issues with site staff and determine necessary modifications, re-sequencing schedules when conflicts arise and updating the CPM as required by project specifications
- Create reports for project executives, including the corporate report
- Build relationships with subcontractors and owners, communicating both successes and concerns regarding schedule
- Assess impact of design/construction changes and communicate the issues with project owners, executives and staff
- Analyze acceleration options and recommend the best cost, lowest risk option
- Train project staff on scheduling techniques/software
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
- 5+ years’ experience in construction scheduling required
- General knowledge of construction principles/processes, field operations and ability to read construction plans
- Working knowledge of Oracle Primavera P6 and Google Sketch-Up
- Ability to schedule in Design/Build or IPD environment and create 4-D simulations with schedule
- Experience with delay claims, time extension requests, schedule analysis and subcontractor productivity/limitations
- Ability to motivate teams through lead planning exercises (pull scheduling, VICO)
- Ability to “VE” schedule to its shortest responsible duration
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For California locations only, the salary range for this position is: $105,000 - $135,000. This does not include possible bonus and other benefits which can impact total compensation. Compensation offered may vary based on work location, experience, qualifications, specialty, training, and market and business considerations, among other factors.
McCarthy Building Co
AddressPalo Alto, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at McCarthy Building Co
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?