McCarthy Building Co Yuma, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Project Superintendent is a critical field leadership position and is foundational to our projects’ success and safety. This position will oversee construction of the project in the field, providing leadership to field foremen and ensuring successful completion of trade work. The Superintendent will also work closely with the Project Manager to ensure timely and quality completion of construction process.
- Assist Estimating in bidding opportunities and Preconstruction services
- Assist Project Manager in development of Chart of Accounts
- Assist in development of detailed CPM Schedule
- Assist in development of Detailed Scope of Work
- Develop a project site logistics plan
- Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents
- Manage McCarthy’s labor force to achieve optimum performance
- Review and understand material budgets and negotiate purchase orders
- Review and understand equipment budgets and negotiate rental rates
- Monitor project costs and identify areas for improvement
- Provide leadership in quality process
- Provide leadership in the safety and accident prevention programs
- Document daily construction activities
- Chair weekly subcontractor coordination meetings
- Issue and maintain short term schedules
- Assist Project Engineers in Shop Drawing and Submittal process
- Verify that As-Built drawings are kept current
- Implement all applicable Safety Programs and EEO/Affirmative Action Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering, and/or 7-10 years of applicable field leadership experience
- Experience with relevant large scale commercial or industrial projects
- Previous experience directing and coordinating trades
- Knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Self-perform construction management experience highly preferred
- Previous experience working with Project Management team including successful completion of project
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
McCarthy Building Co
ConstructionView all jobs at McCarthy Building Co