Procurement Engineer - Renewable Energy
General Procurement responsibilities (not project specific)
- Perform market research and establish and maintain relationships within the industry to help McCarthy stay informed and ahead of changes in the market as it relates to Energy Storage, Modules, Inverters, Transformers (greater than 34.5kV), Racking Systems, Foundations, and SCADA packages.
- Explore new technologies, lead the evaluation, and benchmarking of new products to determine the economic value and potential impacts if implemented.
- Initiate and lead the supplier and product qualification process.
- Benchmark vendors to identify the opportunities to improve competitive pricing of each project scope.
- Attend industry events and represent McCarthy to the industry in a professional capacity.
- Build and maintain key relationships with suppliers and collaborate with them on the development of new technologies.
- Build and maintain key relationships with our operations team and collaborate with them to resolve quality issues with our vendors.
- Continually seek out opportunities for personal growth and improvement by setting SMART goals and working diligently to achieve them.
- Conduct project site visits and vendor inspections where appropriate.
- Maintain a smart and healthy culture that fosters trust, safety, healthy conflict, commitment and accountability.
Project Pursuits – Preliminary design and bidding phase of the project
- Provide support to business development efforts by participating in client discussions as needed and answering questions about different suppliers/ products.
- Create the Request for Proposals (RFP) based on the project requirements and solicit proposals to the respective suppliers.
- Support the negotiation efforts and understand the terms of the proposal to ensure alignment with McCarthy's expectations, the owner’s requirements, and the project specific design criteria.
- Thoroughly evaluate each proposal to develop an understanding of the products and services included, as well as the pricing, bid exclusions and exceptions to the project requirements and RFP terms.
- Provide analysis and benchmarking of proposals to determine reasonableness and alignment with recent RFPs.
- Work with suppliers to thoroughly vet out proposals as well as any potential options or features that may add value to the customer and/or reduce McCarthy’s risk.
Preconstruction – Once awarded a project
- Upon project award, participate and contribute to the establishment of the project procurement strategy.
- Lead the procurement efforts and negotiate the scope of work for key equipment with support of team.
- Prepare contractual exhibits for the scope of work for purchase orders and consultant agreements.
- Understand the scope specific budget and impact to the project.
- Oversee the effective transition to the specific project team that will be on-site, building each project.
- Conduct and lead internal handoff meetings and overseeing effective supplier kickoff meetings to introduce both project teams.
- Requires BS degree in one of the following disciplines: Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Civil Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Supply Chain Management
- 1-3 year of prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience. General knowledge of supply chain management and procurement, as well as construction principles and processes.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of negotiated bids, lump sum, and Design/Build processes preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft 365 suite, Bluebeam, etc.
- Strong math and analytical skills with a close attention to detail.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with McCarthy core values.
McCarthy Building Companies is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
McCarthy Building CoPhoenix, AZ
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.