- Expired: April 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Preconstruction Manager has a strong understanding of estimating principles. Depending on the specifics of the project, the Preconstruction Manager may be the primary day-to-day contact of the Owner and the design team. On more complex pursuits, the Preconstruction Manager may support a Preconstruction Director.Key Responsibilities
- Participate in interviews and interview preparation for negotiated bids, acting as "Bid Captain" on pursuits and leading estimate/bid process team meetings
- Build and maintain relationships with owners, subcontractors, vendors, internal clients and other key stakeholders, representing McCarthy on the jobsite, in the community and at industry events
- Track and manage project budget
- Prepare qualifications for project that align with contractual obligations, ensuring requirements are adhered to throughout the course of project and submitting contract documents for legal review
- Implement and oversee preconstruction and construction schedule
- Assist in training and development of project staff, and manage risk by implementing all applicable safety and EEO/Affirmative Action programs
- Manage and maintain all documentation/deliverables, presenting them to project owner in organized manner
- Represent McCarthy at design and coordination meetings, providing any alternative solutions and assisting in design decisions
- Participate in the prequalification process, in preparing responses to RFPs and RFQs, in managing the buyout log and chart of accounts
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering, and/or 5-10 years of applicable estimating, design management and/or field management experience
- In-depth knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Proven experience managing preconstruction for a wide range of relevant projects
- Experience dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work
- Experience leading successful team ventures, including the development of employees and maintaining relationships with external entities and subcontractor community
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build trust and influence a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with McCarthy core values while maintaining a "value added" approach to preconstruction
In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB19-085), we are including McCarthy's good-faith and reasonable estimate of a range of entry level base compensation at the time of the posting. This does not include possible bonus and other benefits which can impact total compensation. Given the dynamic nature of the large-scale commercial construction industry, a candidate's project portfolio and background can change the role and compensation for which that candidate might be qualified. The title and pay range for this role could change based on candidate qualifications and experience. Pay Range: $93,300 - $116,600
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
ConstructionView all jobs at mccarthy-building-co
Get fresh Preconstruction Estimator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.