Equipment Planning Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
McCarthy EQUIP is a business unit within McCarthy that focuses on equipment selection, design, coordination, procurement, and installation on capital projects. This in-house service helps bridge the gaps related to equipment throughout the total project life cycle and phases of plan, design, construct, and operate.
The EQUIP Project Engineer – Planning will be responsible for the coordination of equipment planning, programming and design activities for capital projects. The successful candidate will interact with multiple parties including but not limited to end users, architects, engineers, consultants, McCarthy field team and vendors, and ensure all data and infrastructure requirements are captured and reflected correctly for coordination and deliverable documents.
This person can be located out of any of McCarthy's office locations nationally.
- Build relationships with clients, vendors and maintain relationships with internal McCarthy partners.
- Apply critical thinking to equipment decisions throughout the planning process.
- Assist project leads with development of an equipment schedule and budget.
- Attend user meetings to capture standards and users’ preferences on equipment.
- Update equipment database as needed to reflect basis of design or preferences from user meetings.
- Request, review and interpret site specific drawings from vendors as well as contract drawings.
- Coordinate site specific drawings with vendors, architects/engineers and the field for equipment.
- Produce and coordinate planning deliverables as needed for different parties including end users, architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Responsible for maintaining document control and accuracy of equipment deliverables.
- Manipulate project data to create custom reports.
- Assist project leads with identifying pre-installation items of major equipment.
- Assist with Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QAQC) project information to ensure quality and standardization of the information before a deliverable and throughout the life of a project.
- Collaborate with BIM team throughout the design phase, constructability reviews, to ensure equipment requirements are met.
- Attend site walk-throughs for evaluation of spaces and equipment.
- Coordinate equipment mock-ups for evaluation and vendor selection
- Assist project leads with recommendations on equipment to end users based on previous experience and equipment feasibility.
- Identify issues or concerns with space or infrastructure requirements during design and construction phases of a project.
- Analyze and respond to Request for Information documents (RFIs).
- Support the Change Management Process through analyzing equipment change requests and documenting impact to budget, schedule and construction.
- Assist Project leads in the project close out process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Biomedical/Clinical Engineering, Healthcare Management or other related degree required.
- 3+ years as an equipment planner required.
- Proficiency in MS Suite (Project, Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, and Bluebeam required.
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with Revit, AutoCAD, and Revizto required.
- Knowledge of Attainia or other related equipment planning software preferred.
- Ability to manage numerous projects demands at the same time and prioritize work.
- Strong communications skills both written and oral.
- Strong work ethic and desire to work on teams and successfully collaborate with both internal and external partners.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with McCarthy core values (Genuine, We, Not I and All In) while maintaining a “value added” approach to Quality.
For California locations only, the salary range for this position is: $80,000 - $90,000. This does not include possible bonus and other benefits which can impact total compensation. Compensation offered may vary based on work location, experience, qualifications, specialty, training, and market and business considerations, among other factors.
McCarthy Building Co
AddressSaint Louis, MO
ManufacturingView all jobs at McCarthy Building Co
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?