RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY:
To carry out the assignments given and to guide, direct and assist other classifications as needed. To attain maximum productivity making sure the project is done in a safe and cost-effective manner. Follow all rules of the safety and employee manual and to comply with the McCarter Fleet Policy and as follows:
1. Responsible for carrying out the company safety policy at the work level.
2. Identify and correct hazardous and unsafe conditions in the work area.
3. Assist supervision ensuring all material, tools and equipment are available to do the job.
4. Erect and maintain safety barriers to protect the public and any others.
5. Aid any injured employee in getting prompt medical attention.
1. Must possess welding skills using conventional tools to produce welds of superior or certified quality and operate all welding equipment including oxy-acetylene.
2. Experience in the construction or industrial field with 5 years as a journeyman welder preferred.
3. Building construction knowledge necessary to do welding work around new construction sites with regards to safety.
4. Analyze drawings, understand schematics, read blueprints or sketches, and make
weld installations or repairs as indicated by these documents.
5. Modify or change existing installation as directed by change orders.
6. Knowledge and understanding of mechanical & welding blueprint symbols including facility blueprint layouts.
7. Knowledge and experience of construction projects.
8. Knowledge of ordering materials and supplies in order to make correct welds according to the specifications.
9. Ability to safely operate construction equipment, fork trucks, lifts, trenchers and “Lulls”.
10. Knowledge of codes such as the OSHA, NFPA and state, local and federal laws.
11. Must have the required hand tools including welding equipment in order to produce satisfactory welds with stainless, carbon steel and sanitary piping materials as required.
12. Must be able to walk and climb stairs, ladders and construction site temporary platforms and walkways
13. Must be clean-shaven with no exposed jewelry either around neck or in any body piercing.
1. Safe driving practices and traffic laws.
2. Preventive maintenance requirements of automotive equipment.
3. Safety procedures related to operation of forklifts and other construction type equipment.
4. Procedures associated with ordering, receiving, and storing supplies and materials.
5. Hazards and safety precautions of this type of work.
1. Lift up to 50 pounds.
2. Operate handtruck loads up to 500 pounds.
3. Perform mathematical calculations quickly and accurately.
4. Drive five-ton trucks in confined areas when others are present.
5. Keep accurate and current records of stock transactions.
6. Understand oral and written directions.
7. Assist in the receipt and issuance of welding material.
1. Five years of experience in welding with construction type work.
2. One year of driving experience with large vehicles with multi-speed transmissions and power-lift gates.
3. One year of operating experience of forklifts, man-lifts, heavy equipment and rigging.
License: Possession of a valid North Carolina operator's license issued by the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles.
Founded in 1957, we have extensive experience in design/build work for new plants and renovations for older ones. We conduct surveys, handle substation work, and carry out all types of industrial machinery installation, modernization, and moving. Take a look at our portfolio to see the wide variety of industries that we serve.
Our professionally designed preventive and life extending maintenance procedures provide customers with safe, efficient and economical means of managing and enhancing their current maintenance programs.
McCarter ElectricalMcCarter means professional electrical, mechanical, special systems, instrumentation, telecommunications/network design, and security services throughout the Carolinas and beyond. Founded in 1957, we have extensive experience in design/build work for new plants and renovations for older ones. We conduct surveys, handle substation work, and carry out all types of industrial machinery installation, modernization, and moving. Take a look at our portfolio to see the wide variety of industries that we serve. Our professionally designed preventive and life extending maintenance procedures provide customers with safe, efficient and economical means of managing and enhancing their current maintenance programs.