- Posted: over a month ago
We will pay for your tool box move!
We offer flexible shifts including 4 10's
McCandless Truck Center is one of the region's premier Commercial Truck Sales & Leasing Dealerships, proudly serving the Cheyenne area for many years. Our team enjoys a fantastic culture and opportunities for advancement, which are company-wide focused to help you grow both personally and professionally. We're interested in helping you establish and build a long-term career with us, because we know that happy employees lead to happier customers!
What We Offer:
- Health Insurance - 80% of employee premiums are company paid!
- Free Dental & Vision insurance for employees!
- Life Insurance Policy
- 401(k) plan with company match
- PTO and Vacation Days
- Fantastic Culture and Work Environment
Immediate openings and we will cover the cost of your tool box move.
Functions as an experienced technician who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs of most vehicle components with little supervision required.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
Diagnoses cause of most malfunctions and performs repair.
Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
Keeps shop area neat and clean.
Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Two to four year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Half of the certifications of a master certified technician depending on area of expertise
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and climb or balance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job; the employee is occasionally exposed to:
- Wet and/or humid conditions
- Moving mechanical parts
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Outdoor weather conditions
- Extreme heat
- Risk of electrical shock
The noise level in the work environment is moderate
McCandless Truck Center - Cheyenne
AutomotiveView all jobs at McCandless Truck Center - Cheyenne