Body Shop Technician
- $20 to $35 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
McCandless Truck Center is one of the region's premier Commercial Truck Sales & Leasing Dealerships, proudly serving the Aurora area for many years. Our team enjoys a fantastic culture and opportunities for advancement, which are company-wide focused to help you grow both personally and professionally. We're interested in helping you establish and build a long-term career with us, because we know that happy employees lead to happier customers!
What We Offer:
- Health Insurance - 80% of employee premiums are company paid!
- Free Dental & Vision insurance for employees!
- Life Insurance Policy
- 401(k) plan with company match
- PTO and Vacation Days
- Fantastic Culture and Work Environment
Repairs damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications and time standards.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards.
Checks parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
Prepares vehicles for body repair work.
Notifies management of any additional repairs needed.
Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time.
Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair.
Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
Marginal Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications
Suspension and Steering Certification for Auto/Light Truck
Damage Analysis and Estimating Certification for Collision Repair
Mechanical and Electrical Components Certification for Collision Repair
Non-Structural Analysis and Damage Repair Certification for Collision Repair
Painting and Refinishing Certification for Collision Repair
Structural Analysis and Damage Repair Certification for Collision Repair
Drive Train Certification for Medium/Heavy Truck
I-CAR Certificate of Advanced Training
Aluminum Repair, Replacement and Welding
Electronics for Collision Repair
Steering and Suspension
Understanding Collision Repair
Workplace Hazardous Materials
Paint Manufacturer Training
Valid Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and climb or balance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job; the employee is occasionally exposed to:
- Wet and/or humid conditions
- Moving mechanical parts
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Outdoor weather conditions
- Extreme heat
- Risk of electrical shock
The noise level in the work environment is moderate
Salary $20.00 to $28.00
McCandless Truck Center AuroraAurora, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.