Litigation & Default Services Associate Attorney
McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC Dallas, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Associate Attorney will work alongside existing attorneys and support staff in the Dallas, TX office as well as with attorneys and staff in various other offices of the firm. The Associate Attorney will assist existing attorneys with their caseloads, as well as independently carry a diverse caseload spanning multiple practice areas. The right candidate is licensed in the state of Texas and will have worked as an attorney for at least three (3) years. The candidate should have a minimum of three (3) years experience as a practicing attorney. Experience in litigation, collections, evictions, foreclosure, title, and/or financial services preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Detailed review of documentation related to Texas default practice to ensure compliance with state and federal law.
- Draft and review pleadings and other case related documents.
- Evaluate files, provide legal opinions, and rectify file level issues.
- Review loan documents, title reports, identify title issues, and make full recommendations on how to cure title issues to the client.
- Cure simple and complex title issues in a timely manner via litigation or non-litigated means.
- Create, review, and edit reports, correspondence, and other documents.
- Advise clients regularly on various issues relating to file level scenarios.
- Independently manage diverse workload.
- Independently monitor deadlines and dockets to ensure compliance.
- Work effectively and congenially with a team of attorneys and operational staff supporting various departments; promote interdepartmental cooperation.
- Attend and effectively represent clients at virtual and in-person hearings on various matters as needed.
- Ability to exercise professionalism and courtesy when faced with adversarial conversations and situations.
- Effectively monitor and move forward an independent caseload. Must be a self starter.
- Interpret, evaluate and apply independent judgment and decision-making regarding file level legal and compliance issues.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with vendors, clients, and other team members to create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility.
- Will perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Education and Work Experience:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws
- Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Requires membership and good standing with the TX State Bar
- 3+ years of related default related litigation, collections, evictions, foreclosure, title, and/or financial services preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Independently manage a portfolio of files for various clients.
- Ability to navigate throughout local and Texas jurisdictional requirements.
- Ability to courteously and professionally communicate with clients, vendors, team members, clerks or Judges in various counties as well as borrowers and defense attorneys.
- Must provide excellent customer service (internally and externally).
- Must be a self starter and possess good organizational and time-management abilities.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills; have the ability to multi-task and be adaptable to change.
- High-level proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Proficiency in internet research activities.
- Familiarity with case and document management software, including client systems (BKFS, Tempo, Vendorscape, etc.)
- Good understanding of policies and procedures of law.
- Ability to delegate, follow-up, and monitor tasks to completion without significant supervision.
- Ability to operate computer, fax machine, scanner, photocopier, typewriter, and telephone.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Job will entail occasional out of state travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with your experience and accomplishments.
If you posses the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
**Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration***.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC is passionate about fostering an environment that supports both personal and professional development. Our most valued investment is human capital. The firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the work place.
McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC
McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC has historically represented over 350 financial institutions nationwide. With its finger to the pulse of the financial services industry, the firm works with legislators on both the state and federal level to assure quality legislation, particularly for it's mortgage servicing clients. The firm’s unique ability to meet the specific needs of clientele, combined with industry perspective, experience, team approach, and personalized attention, assures clients cost effective and comprehensive legal counsel. McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC is passionate about fostering an environment that supports both personal and professional development. Our most valued investment is human capital. The firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the work place.
2626 Cole Street Suite. 501Dallas, TX