With over 40 years of experiences in Real Estate Law, our Law Firm has an immediate opening for a full- time Legal Assistant in our Melville, NY office! MWC is a high volume, fast- paced, multi-office law firm representing Mortgage Lenders, Banks and Financial Institutions in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, DC, Virginia and Florida through the Foreclosure and Bankruptcy legal process.
Our Legal Assistants are responsible for performing specific job responsibilities and task within a legal setting under direct supervision of Team Lead and Managing Attorney.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Document validations;
- Document Drafting
- File management to ensure court deadline are met
- Client interaction;
- Client communication;
- Assisting with projects/assignments from Attorneys.
We are looking for team members who are driven and excited to learn something new every day! The ideal candidate possesses the following skills and experience:
- High school diploma required;
- Previous experience in a law firm, title, bankruptcy, foreclosure and/ or mortgage banking is a plus, but not required;
- Microsoft Office skills including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint;
- Previous administrative experience, preferably in a similar environment, preferred;
- Experience with data entry, proofreading and editing documents;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to meet client deadlines;
- Strong word processing and proof reading skills;
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work independently and take initiate as appropriate;
- Ability to adapt to change.
This is a full-time position, with immediately availability. We invite you to apply to our firm by submitting your resume, cover letter and salary requirements for consideration. Passing of our background, drug test and credit check is a requirement for hire.
Compensation: Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications, and includes: comprehensive benefits package with Medical, Vision, Dental, 401 K, Life Insurances, Short Term and Long Term Disabilities and a generous paid time off package.
Office hours are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and employee can chose their schedule from options: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM; 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM or 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
This employer does not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.